12-28-2017 09:56 PM
31 12
tools
    I have to say this Galaxy Note 8 awesome!!!
    12-20-2017 08:17 AM
    It is indeed! I'm coming to it from a Pixel 2 XL and an iPhone X before that.
    12-20-2017 08:21 AM
    Diddy Diddy
    12-20-2017 08:35 AM
    1st Note? Just curious.
    12-20-2017 09:36 AM
    It's not bad screen is definitely unparalleled.. Same waiting on my pixel 2 to see camera differences and all everyone harks about.
    12-20-2017 09:39 AM
    1st Note? Just curious.
    I've used a Note 4 and 3 in the past
    12-20-2017 09:41 AM
    I've used a Note 4 and 3 in the past
    If you don't mind sharing, what lead you to move from the Pixel 2 XL to the Note 8?
    12-20-2017 10:10 AM
    If you don't mind sharing, what lead you to move from the Pixel 2 XL to the Note 8?
    Bad influence from a co-worker and after being on iOS for the last 18 months, I wanted to see what a newer (lighter) Sammy device was like.

Been using a Note for almost 2 weeks now.
    Trees likes this.
    12-20-2017 10:11 AM
    Bad influence from a co-worker and after being on iOS for the last 18 months, I wanted to see what a newer (lighter) Sammy device was like.

Been using a Note for almost 2 weeks now.
    I understand the feeling. My wife has the Note 8. Lots to like about it.
    mumfoau likes this.
    12-20-2017 10:15 AM
    I caved and picked up an iPhone X a couple weeks ago. I had said I wouldn't possibly buy it but figured if I'm going to talk about it, I should at least try it. It's a nice phone, but if I were to recommend an iPhone to someone it would be the 8 Plus. Even still, neither are in the same league as the Note 8. I have no loyalty to any OS or brand so I can say with 100% honesty that the Note 8 is the better phone. The only other phone I would consider is the Pixel 2 XL and since I actually use the SPen, I don't think that would work out either.
    SR45 likes this.
    12-20-2017 12:13 PM
    I caved and picked up an iPhone X a couple weeks ago. I had said I wouldn't possibly buy it but figured if I'm going to talk about it, I should at least try it. It's a nice phone, but if I were to recommend an iPhone to someone it would be the 8 Plus. Even still, neither are in the same league as the Note 8. I have no loyalty to any OS or brand so I can say with 100% honesty that the Note 8 is the better phone. The only other phone I would consider is the Pixel 2 XL and since I actually use the SPen, I don't think that would work out either.
    If I was to go back to an iPhone it'd likely be the 8 plus. I just have to have that fingerprint scanner.
    cwbcpa and SR45 like this.
    12-20-2017 12:55 PM
    I'm actually really looking at going from the iPhone X to a Note 8. I've missed customization like crazy and I just don't know if I can go all in on Apple right now. There's just something about it I'm not comfortable with. Do you prefer the Note to the X?
    12-27-2017 12:51 PM
    If I was to go back to an iPhone it'd likely be the 8 plus. I just have to have that fingerprint scanner.
    What are your thoughts on the Note vs. Pixel vs. iPhone?
    12-27-2017 12:52 PM
    Welcome to Android! :P. Try not to get overwhelmed since stuff will be different but once you get used to it.. you will love it!
    12-27-2017 03:06 PM
    Wait you preferred it to a p2xl and a iPhone X? Hmmm
    12-27-2017 07:13 PM
    I'm actually really looking at going from the iPhone X to a Note 8. I've missed customization like crazy and I just don't know if I can go all in on Apple right now. There's just something about it I'm not comfortable with. Do you prefer the Note to the X?
    I have both. iPhone X for work and Note for play. Love the Note so much more! Both good phones though.
    12-27-2017 07:47 PM
    What are your thoughts on the Note vs. Pixel vs. iPhone?
    Previously, I’d said I’d never use another Android that wasn’t a Nexus or maybe a Moto after using the 6P. Switched to iPhone and spent 18 months there and vowed I’d never leave. Went to the Pixel line and was in love. A coworker got his Note 8 stink on me and I’ve really enjoyed how toned down touchwiz has become over the years and the “extra crap” Samsung adds really can be useful.

Wait you preferred it to a p2xl and a iPhone X? Hmmm
    To be really honest, aside from integrated google assistance and the google now cards a swipe away, I can get a similar experience on either device. Before selling the iPhone X I was using google apps in prep for the switch anyway and it wasn’t bad at all.
    12-28-2017 06:51 AM
    To be really honest, aside from integrated google assistance and the google now cards a swipe away, I can get a similar experience on either device. Before selling the iPhone X I was using google apps in prep for the switch anyway and it wasn’t bad at all.
    Samsung has started to really open up and their services and widgets are now mostly available even on third party launchers. You could try to use Nova Launcher then add the Google Companion add on, and you'll have Google Now a swipe away just like on the Pixels.
    12-28-2017 06:58 AM
    You won't find a better or faster device than the note 8. It makes the X look slow!
    12-28-2017 07:04 AM
    Honestly, I like the iPhone X more than I thought I would. It's a nice phone. It's absolutely, under no circumstances worth $1,000 to me though. It doesn't do anything special to warrant that high price. My family are all iPhone users and not one of them liked my X. Many are frustrated with iOS 11 and apple in general so it will be interesting to see if they finally leave next year. Anyway, want an iPhone? Get an 8 Plus. That's my opinion on the iPhone side.

The Note 8 is absolutely the best phone I've used. I always like the Note devices, but this one is a step above what's been done in the past. The performance is better than any other phone I've had my hands on this year. While the original price was high for the Note, at least it had features that could justify a higher price, unlike the iPhone X. But now you can get a great deal on the Note 8. As long as you're ok with the size and actually make use of the SPen, I see no reason not to jump on it. Even if you only use the SPen sparingly, it's a great device for many other reasons.

Bottom line, unless you absolutely can't or won't leave the Apple ecosystem, I don't know why you would choose the X over the Note 8.
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    12-28-2017 09:14 AM
    Honestly, I like the iPhone X more than I thought I would. It's a nice phone. It's absolutely, under no circumstances worth $1,000 to me though. It doesn't do anything special to warrant that high price. My family are all iPhone users and not one of them liked my X. Many are frustrated with iOS 11 and apple in general so it will be interesting to see if they finally leave next year. Anyway, want an iPhone? Get an 8 Plus. That's my opinion on the iPhone side.

The Note 8 is absolutely the best phone I've used. I always like the Note devices, but this one is a step above what's been done in the past. The performance is better than any other phone I've had my hands on this year. While the original price was high for the Note, at least it had features that could justify a higher price, unlike the iPhone X. But now you can get a great deal on the Note 8. As long as you're ok with the size and actually make use of the SPen, I see no reason not to jump on it. Even if you only use the SPen sparingly, it's a great device for many other reasons.

Bottom line, unless you absolutely can't or won't leave the Apple ecosystem, I don't know why you would choose the X over the Note 8.
    Man, we are definitely in a pretty similar boat here. I actually really really liked the iX. I think it feels great, it's fast, it's a great size, and the pictures are all pretty solid. I liked it and Face ID a lot more than I thought I would.

I still have quite a few issues with it, however, mostly due to the notch and iOS 11 in general. iOS 11 feels like the same exact thing the last few iterations of iOS have felt like, just this time with more bugs! I also really don't like how I can't get my battery percentage in the status bar, nor can I see Bluetooth or DND in there. That just seems like a huge oversight. And I don't like the Control Center on the far right swipe down. It just seems so very unnatural.

So it's a bit of a love/hate relationship with it. And, to me, that isn't good enough for a $1400 phone (after taxes and AC+). My wife uses Android, but my parents and sister and brother in law all use iOS. So it would be a bit of a pain losing iMessage, but I don't want that being the only thing holding me back. There are pretty easy ways around that at this point. And I'm not invested in Apple in the least bit, other than having an iPhone. I still use everything Google and am MUCH more invested in Google.

I'm pretty sure I'm going back to Android just don't know which phone has a hold on me yet.
    12-28-2017 11:15 AM
    well folks...I boxed up my iPhone X and wondering what to get for my 2nd phone....8 plus or pixel 2 xl? Last night the camera stopped working on the X. I did a factory reset and the phone was so glitchy so back it goes. Thank God for Costco and 90 day return.
    12-28-2017 12:20 PM
    Man, we are definitely in a pretty similar boat here. I actually really really liked the iX. I think it feels great, it's fast, it's a great size, and the pictures are all pretty solid. I liked it and Face ID a lot more than I thought I would.

I still have quite a few issues with it, however, mostly due to the notch and iOS 11 in general. iOS 11 feels like the same exact thing the last few iterations of iOS have felt like, just this time with more bugs! I also really don't like how I can't get my battery percentage in the status bar, nor can I see Bluetooth or DND in there. That just seems like a huge oversight. And I don't like the Control Center on the far right swipe down. It just seems so very unnatural.

So it's a bit of a love/hate relationship with it. And, to me, that isn't good enough for a $1400 phone (after taxes and AC+). My wife uses Android, but my parents and sister and brother in law all use iOS. So it would be a bit of a pain losing iMessage, but I don't want that being the only thing holding me back. There are pretty easy ways around that at this point. And I'm not invested in Apple in the least bit, other than having an iPhone. I still use everything Google and am MUCH more invested in Google.

I'm pretty sure I'm going back to Android just don't know which phone has a hold on me yet.
    Yep. It's definitely a nice phone. Just not enough to warrant the price. My family are all iPhone users for now. My wife doesn't like the X and has been getting more and more irritated with the iOS experience. She's never had an Android phone so we will see. I'd probably point her towards the Pixel 2 if she were to switch.

As nice as having imessage with everyone is, it's just not worth it. I don't have any other Apple devices anymore. The iPhone is the last one.
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    12-28-2017 12:30 PM
    Yep. It's definitely a nice phone. Just not enough to warrant the price. My family are all iPhone users for now. My wife doesn't like the X and has been getting more and more irritated with the iOS experience. She's never had an Android phone so we will see. I'd probably point her towards the Pixel 2 if she were to switch.

As nice as having imessage with everyone is, it's just not worth it. I don't have any other Apple devices anymore. The iPhone is the last one.
    Oh wow, you went all in with Apple at one point in time, right? The most prevalent issue I have is that charge hanging out there. I've also gotten my mom and my wife's dad on Google Photos so we can all share pics and videos that way (we have 4 kids - 15 year old, 5 year old, and 1 year old twins - so lots of pics/video sharing). My wife has a Mac for work, but we use Windows at home. My 5 year old has an iPad for some games and YouTube. And my streaming mostly consists of Rokus and Chromecast. So I'm really not all that invested. Plus Movies Anywhere has hooked me up with my iTunes movies, so now I'm not missing out on those, either.

Not to mention that I got kind of annoyed with the throttling of older iPhones. Just seemed like an incredibly shady practice, and one that doesn't make me trust Apple. Are they going to throttle my $1400 phone next year?
    12-28-2017 12:44 PM
    ok Note 8 was very expensive at preorder and the first months but that is to be expected and the price you pay for the latest and greatest, I paid 983 euro on preorder and can now buy for 750, ok I got a free dex station worth around a hundred.
    Between note 8 and s9/s9+ I think they will murder sales of iPong X
    apparently crapple have already adjusted their sales forecast significantly.
    LOVE my notes and will probably have a 9 as well, maybe not on expensive preorder this time
    12-28-2017 12:55 PM
31 12