Today I was having trouble getting regular text messages to go through I use the stock messaging app and always have. But today quite a few messages just sat with that circulating Circle not going through it all. Was odd was I could send Facebook messages pretty much instantly. Has anybody come across this before? T-Mobile told me to shut the phone off for 2 minutes and turn it back on but this seems kind of silly I even reset network settings. Has anybody come across this before? T-Mobile told me to shut the phone off for 2 minutes and turn it back on but this seems kind of silly I even reset network settings and it is still doing it
    12-22-2017 03:51 PM
    My guess is it was their network acting up.
    12-22-2017 04:48 PM
    My guess is it was their network acting up.
    Why would Facebook messages work though?

Also once it auto dialed my daughter while the messages weren't going through and it wouldn't allow me to pull down the menu to hang up the call for like 25 seconds.

It's ok now but that's irritating. I need and to work reliably to keep in contact with my kids and for work as well when I'm there.

I did do the update today maybe that caused a quirk, not sure.
    12-22-2017 05:52 PM
    Why would Facebook messages work though?

Also once it auto dialed my daughter while the messages weren't going through and it wouldn't allow me to pull down the menu to hang up the call for like 25 seconds.

It's ok now but that's irritating. I need and to work reliably to keep in contact with my kids and for work as well when I'm there.

I did do the update today maybe that caused a quirk, not sure.
    Facebook Messenger and texts are sent completely differently. FB Messenger is sent using your data just like WhatsApp, Skype, iMessage, etc. SMS or text messages are sent using your old fashioned phone connection. This connection only does 2 things on your phone. Make phone calls and SMS.
    12-24-2017 07:55 AM
    Sounds like a network issue it happens with carrier every now and then.
    jjinal likes this.
    12-24-2017 08:03 AM