Any of you also use a tablet

tqoliver

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I use a the 2014 Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Note Tablet with the S-Pen. I love that device but Samsung never manufactured a newer model :-(

meximo

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Any of you also usr a tablet

I received a Tab S3 with a pen and got the keyboard case. I rarely use my desktop or laptop and only use my phone for calls.

Tony Vargas

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
My Nexus 7 LTE 2nd Gen (Asus made) just died on me. I still use my Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 to watch/stream videos in bed. Also still used is my Galaxy Tab 3 LTE 7 inch, but that one is so outdated. Thinking about the new Galaxy Tab A 10.1 with SPen.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
My Nexus 7 LTE 2nd Gen (Asus made) just died on me. I still use my Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 to watch/stream videos in bed. Also still used is my Galaxy Tab 3 LTE 7 inch, but that one is so outdated. Thinking about the new Galaxy Tab A 10.1 with SPen.
I got my son the Tab A with S Pen. It's nice looking. I didn't get to play with it though lol he put it away

Alex Smith 44

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site

Unlike Android OEMs, only Apple cares about keeping its tablets updated when it comes to OS upgrades. Thus, I own an iPad.

Alathorne

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Not a Note 8 user due to its size in my pocket but a tablet user nonetheless. Asus zenpad 10s. I use it for reading magazines, primarily. Also for web, email, news, with occasional other media consumption. The points previously mentioned are well taken. Many tablets offer less power with a larger screen, making them slower than the smartphone one is using. no wonder is market is declining. That said, my Asus is quick and responsive. My knock on Android tablets is the lack of support given to them. Apple gives much better after sale support, but I am not a fan. In a year, my tablet has received 2 security updates and a version update to Nougat. I bought it as a stopgap waiting for Chromebooks to mature enough for my satisfaction. Almost there, late 2018 may be the time. I have very specific, well defined requirements. Android, Windows, or iOS do not fully meet them. So as always, the tablet form factor meets a need for me but the OS or support policies fail to meet the balance I want.

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 4G LTE is utterly incredible. It really replaces tablet or desktop with no compromise. It not only does multitasking, but no compromise multiwindowing, has a great experience with the built in S Pen, and Swype keyboard, the large amount of screen real estate gives ample room to sketch, write, view windows, etcetera as I do research. I'm also a musician who does sight reading, and I find that storing my sheet music on my tablet has eliminated the need to carry boxes of dog eared sheet music while giving an excellent viewing experience. Having a 128 gig SD card inside gives ample room for me to store more than 5,000 pieces of sheet music with no compromise. The USB port allows me to plug in external memory sticks or hard drives if needed and if needed, using a Bluetooth connection will allow you to use a keyboard and, or, mouse with the tablet. This Samsung tablet is fast, sure, and reliable as well. I wouldn't ever buy anything less than this. I'm also an invested Android user and since my tablet is almost four years old now, I'm waiting for Samsung to come out with a suitable replacement, but at the present, I use this tablet for everything, keeping records, doing research, producing sketches, writing books, playing music, reading, teaching, and even for entertainment, and witha set of ear buds, and a VOIP account it's even replaced my phone for almost all occasions.You'd have to pry this tablet out of my cold, dead hands to get it away from me. It's indispensable!

LLcdPH

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I travel weekly and use two tablets (Samsung S 8.4 and 10.5) constantly. I've tried iPads but prefer sticking with Android tablets. Use them for everything... Email, web surfing and video.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

The Tab S3 is very close. What would you be missing with that?

hgoldner#CB

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Still using an Nexus 7 pretty much every day for simple reading; some game play; web browsing. More than adequate for most of what I need.

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site

I received a Tab S3 with a pen and got the keyboard case. I rarely use my desktop or laptop and only use my phone for calls.
I love that keyboard case! No need to charge it up and the key presses have a really good feel to me. Very responsive too.
Are you happy with the keyboard too?

Spiff52

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

I just bought a new Samsung tab s3 yesterday..... Use my Tab S every day almost for 3 years. Time for an upgrade.

YaSo

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

Anyone uses a Windows 10 tablet? I am debating between Android and Windows for a large tablet.

Get a Win 10 tablet only if you know you will need the occasional Windows program. And avoid the ones with removable keyboards, and avoid Intel Atom chips.

I have an Asus Transformer Mini T102HA (1.4ghz Atom, 4gb Ram, 64gb storage + microSD slot) that I got last Holiday season. Looks like a Microsoft Surface with the kickstand and the removable keyboard. Full sized USB 3 port for my portable HD gives me tons of media storage, and charging over MicroUSB beats a laptop's power brick anyday.

However, cheap Win10 tablets have many cons. Every time I disconnect the keyboard to move it, the screen goes into 'autorotate' and the slightest shift in angle makes the screen do an annoying slow rotation transition that resizes all windows. very annoying for me.

the Intel Atom X5 chipset that Asus used only let me have a few Firefox tabs open before slowing way down, though it's fine for media consumption. (it will play by BluRay handbrake ripped 1080p H265 encoded videos just fine. My Nexus 7 2013 would stutter with these videos)

Asus also used a cheap Qualcomm WiFi chipset that only gave me 1-2 mbit download speed (even when I USB tether to a Pixel XL for internet) until I managed to find a Lenovo (really, Lenovo?) driver that got me the 50 mbit that my FiOS home and T-Mobile internet provides.

I would spend extra money a Win 10 convertible with a proper Intel i5 chip, and get at least 8gb ram to do anything productive on it. The cheap ones are fine for media consumption, but so is a sub $200 1080p 10" 2017 Amazon Fire HD.

BonJoviGurl

Aug 25, 2017
Visit site
I have a surface pro 4, I really like. I have one site that we order tickets from that no mobil device lets you pick the seats you want so it come in handy for things that just won't work on a phone or tablet. I also use it for taxes. I do like having a bigger screen also and the flexibility of having a keyboard handy. It has a pen which helps also.When I'm I busier I just use my Note 8 for most things especially around the holidays where I've been pretty busy. I am on my surface at the moment. I know I couldn't go without having something bigger so I like having both.

SvenJ

May 21, 2016
Visit site

Anyone uses a Windows 10 tablet? I am debating between Android and Windows for a large tablet.
Yea, use my Surface 3 every day. 128G LTE model. It's what I'm on right now. About the size of a 10.5 iPad Pro but way thicker, but has a kickstand, an SD slot, pen, keyboard, mouse support, HDMI out and USB. Charges via micro-USB. Way cheaper than a comparable iPad too. Even when it was new. Shame they don't make them anymore.
Some have noted Surface Pros and their various clones. Good ones are in a different price bracket than a decent Android tablet. Cheap ones exist. You need to be wanting Windows to go that route. Nothing wrong with that, just that what many want Windows for (Office) is pretty good on iOS and Android these days. You aren't running Photoshop on Android and iOS either, but there are pretty decent similar options.
Guess you need to answer, what you need to do on a tablet, how big is big, and what you are willing to spend to go the Windows route.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12