Any of you also use a tablet

Saskat

Jul 20, 2017
Visit site
Re: Any of you also usr a tablet

To answer OP’s question, I have a dual boot Android and Windows 10 tablet that mostly used for consumption plus some light weight work. There are also a couple of employer provided iPads with cellular data used mostly for work.

Last edited:

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

My Notebook 5 is Intel Core I5, 8 Gb ram, touch screen, real keyboard. My keyboard doesn't detach or fold backwards but that's fine with me. I believe it has a 1 TB harddrive too.

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site

My Notebook 5 is Intel Core I5, 8 Gb ram, touch screen, real keyboard. My keyboard doesn't detach or fold backwards but that's fine with me. I believe it has a 1 TB harddrive too.
That's a nice one. Do they make one with a SSD? I've decided to quit buying the old style hard drives in favor of SSD

pre1561

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I use the Tab s 10 inch I think. It's old so I don't remember. When it needs to be replaced I'm thinking about the Samsung Chromebook.

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site

I recently got the Tab S3 too,but not the keyboard. I'm wondering if this tablet & keyboard (and Note 8) could replace my dying computer for awhile..?
Ya know, I think it could replace a pc but it depends on what type of work you want to do on it. You don't have to get the keyboard case, a Bluetooth keyboard that you like should work. Pair up with a wireless printer and you're all set.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

There is one game in particular - WGT Golf - that is quite restricted on my phone and on the tablets I've used. On my Notebook 5 laptop, it's fully functional and works like a charm. There's a use for all three really - for me at least for the time being, my NOte 8 of course, and my Notebook 5 laptop. I may end up getting a tablet in the future sometime again though.

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Lol you called yourself a Weirdo. We're all in that grouping I think lol:)

Love my Note 8, the new Tab S3, and this keyboard I got today for it-:) Getting the case for the tablet tomorrow. Also have the S3 Frontier watch. Love tech stuff.View attachment 276721

Lol you described me to a T! I am a Samsung freak, this is my list:

Phones
-------------
Note 8
S7 Edge (going to sell it)
S6 Edge (work phone, will be getting S9 soon)
Note 3 (I missed the sell window so I mess with it from time to time, lol)

Tablets
--------------
Galaxy Tab Pro S
Galaxy Tab S2 9.7
Galaxy Tab E 8.0 (My 4G car radio, lol)
Galaxy Tab E 8.0 (work tab, it was free, lol)
Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (missed the sell window)

Smart watches
--------------------------
Galaxy Gear (the first Samsung smart watch, I couldn't part with her :) )
Galaxy Gear S (I like to wear it every now and then, plus it can be stand alone when I want to go without the phone)
Galaxy Gear S3 Frontier (by far my favorite watch, ever)

And this list isn't including all of the accessories I own, lol

Now to keep on the topic, the Tab Pro S is more like a laptop than a tablet, so I can't use that like I can my S2 or one of my E's. I wouldn't recommend the Tab E for anything more then surfing the web or social media, that's why I love it in my car, especially with 4G, I can listen to my Google play without having to tether my phone. I would love to one day do the tablet head unit mod, because that would be the ultimate head unit!

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
What does everyone think about buying an open Box from somewhere like Best Buy if the price is good? If I'm using it for a business and customers will touch it, would it be a better buy?

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
There is always something better around the corner....LOL. I would go as long as I could because even if the S3 meets your need the price drops each month and if they do announce it the Tab S3 price will drop quick.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Well I just scored an amazing deal on Facebook market. Grabbed a Samsung galaxy tab E 9.6inch for $50! Other than a very minor scratch on the screen its in excellent condition. I will be using it for games and reading. My Lenovo tab 3 8inch will be put to light duty as a dedicated kitchen companion to my Google home speaker.

Last edited:

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
And they are correct. Why use something expensive and flashy when a cheaper and more practical alternative will suffice. It's like a car. A $4,000 used, but mechanically sound car, will get you to your destination just as well as a $40,000 new car will. Yes, I know that a $4,000 used car is not as flashy or cool as the $40,000 one.
This my friend is why I drive a 10yr old paid for Hyundai! Lol I plan to save my flash until I am able to purchase a Corvette or Cadillac cts-v coupe. So it's going to be awhile.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Well I plan on selling tech stuff like flashlights, speakers, cell cases, chargers, power banks, digital cameras (lower end ones), ear buds and other cheap stuff. I figured if I sell tech accessories and that I need to have the latest tech gear. Granted I got the Note 8 though which can be used to run charge cards with square but no way in hell am I handing a stranger my Note 8 to sign and drop lol.
Lol understandable

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
This my friend is why I drive a 10yr old paid for Hyundai! Lol I plan to save my flash until I am able to purchase a Corvette or Cadillac cts-v coupe. So it's going to be awhile.

I did the same thing. My last car I had for 14 years until it broke to the point of being super expensive to repair... that is when I finally bought my new truck.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

That's so funny :)
my hyundai sonata is from 2003, cost me 750 quid 2 1/2 years ago and it's still perfect.
My first note 8 was 230 quid more expensive than my car :)

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
My dad just ordered a tablet off QVC or HSN, forgot the name of it but it's one of those lesser name brands. He paid about $300 but it came with the keyboard case, and lifetime 4g coverage which is really nice, but of course being an overall low end tablet it is a POS. Anyway, a few days after getting his apps on it and using the tablet it has been going REALLY slow and hangs up a lot under heavy use. I warned him he probably wouldn't like it when he got it.

Anyway, he called them and they're sending him a return box to ship the POS back to them and get his refund. He has a Galaxy tablet from summer 2013 that finally was going out on him and not holding a charge.

Well me wanting the Tab s3 for my business to use as my cash register to run square on, I asked him if he wanted my Tab s2, 8 inch version. He played around with it and likes how it's so much faster and has AMOLED compared to his previous tablets. He offered me $275 towards a tab s3 so I'm jumping all over that LOL. That's a great deal for a used tablet I've had for almost 2 years now. Granted it's in mint condition from being in a Poetic case and hardly being used the last 12 months.

rdubmu

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I use the 12.9 iPad pro (2nd gen) I use it mostly as a replacement to my surface pro. battery life is much better!

I honestly like iOS better than android, but the Note 8 is an awesome phone and I use the stylist a lot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR