Can't add shortcuts in nova launcher on note 8!

Unicornpoop

Dec 24, 2017
Visit site
When I long press apps in my drawer to add a shortcut to my home screen, the only options are 'edit' 'remove' and 'uninstall' on a majority - but not all - of my apps. My sms stopped giving me notifications, so I uninstalled and reinstalled, only to find that nova didn't add phone or messages shortcuts to the dock. Now it won't let me add them. What use is a phone you can't make calls or messages on without having to scroll through the app drawer. This is crazy. Now I have to go back to touchjizz. Is there a workaround for this?

Mike328

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
are you moving your finger with the app to move the app to the screen if u just hold the app it's not going to just add on to your home screen. you have to move your finger when u are holding it

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Do you have your home screen locked? In Nova settings, go to Desktop, and then check to see if you have Lock Desktop toggled on. If so, toggle it off.
If not, just long press on any app in app drawer and then move to home screen. Then you can long press and move any icon to the dock.
If that's not working then "user error" is to blame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech