Shop HP’s Memorial Day Sale:Save up to 61% on PCs and more!
    If i buy a tmobile version note 8 from samsung.com, will i get the carrier software and all ? I want the hd voice and VOLTE, or is it the unlocked version basically ?
    12-26-2017 10:48 AM
    If i buy a tmobile version note 8 from samsung.com, will i get the carrier software and all ? I want the hd voice and VOLTE, or is it the unlocked version basically ?
    Which carrier are you planning to use it on?
    12-26-2017 11:07 AM
    Which carrier are you planning to use it on?
    Tmobile. Im just wondering if the T-Mobile variance purchased directly from Samsung would be the same exact phone and software as if I got it from a T-Mobile store or if it’s an actual unlocked version but they just make sure it’s compatible with the correct frequency bands.
    12-26-2017 11:09 AM
    Tmobile. Im just wondering if the T-Mobile variance purchased directly from Samsung would be the same exact phone and software as if I got it from a T-Mobile store or if it’s an actual unlocked version but they just make sure it’s compatible with the correct frequency bands.
    It should work for VoLTE/HD Voice & WiFi calling. T-Mobile allows unlocked phones to have these capabilities.
    12-26-2017 11:14 AM
    The unlocked versions do not have the carrier software to do it. I need to know if the carrier varient i order from samsung is just an unlocked version with the correct bands, OR the carrier version with the tmobile bloatware and software that would be on the phone the same if i bought it from a tmobile store
    12-26-2017 11:48 AM
    And things like wifi calling also are onthe carrier varient and NOT the unlocked version
    12-26-2017 11:49 AM
    The unlocked versions do not have the carrier software to do it. I need to know if the carrier varient i order from samsung is just an unlocked version with the correct bands, OR the carrier version with the tmobile bloatware and software that would be on the phone the same if i bought it from a tmobile store
    And things like wifi calling also are onthe carrier varient and NOT the unlocked version
    T-Mobile doesn't need their software to do it. Android has WiFi calling / VoLTE built in. It is up the to the carrier to allow it. T-Mobile is one of the carriers that allows unlocked phones to tap into these network features. That is why Pixel phones work with VoLTE / WiFi calling even though T-Mobile doesn't sell them nor do they have their software on them.

Can you provide a link to the one you're seeing on Samsung? IIRC they only sell the unlocked one.
    12-26-2017 11:51 AM
    T-Mobile doesn't need their software to do it. Android has WiFi calling / VoLTE built in. It is up the to
    the carrier to allow it. T-Mobile is one of the carriers that allows unlocked phones to tap into these network features. That is why Pixel phones work with VoLTE / WiFi calling even though T-Mobile doesn't sell them nor do they have their software on them.

Can you provide a link to the one you're seeing on Samsung? IIRC they only sell the unlocked one.
    When you go through the process of buying one, it asks which variant you want. And you can pick a carrier. I had an unlocked on already and certain things were not present that are on the carrier version. It was either wifi calling or volte, cant remember which it was but the option just wasnt there to use it. Wish i took screen shots.
    12-26-2017 12:00 PM
    see attached
    Attached Thumbnails Note 8 from samsung.com/carrier apps? Support carrier HD voice and VOLTE?-52b5c950-259f-4ba8-9f28-d2c93033bce5.jpg  
    12-26-2017 12:02 PM
    When you go through the process of buying one, it asks which variant you want. And you can pick a carrier. I had an unlocked on already and certain things were not present that are on the carrier version. It was either wifi calling or volte, cant remember which it was but the option just wasnt there to use it. Wish i took screen shots.
    You should be bale to do both. This has been talked about a ton here and WiFi calling / other features of T-Mobile work on the unlocked version. See the link below.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ml#post6002314
    12-26-2017 12:05 PM
    According to this the volte wont work. No option for it.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 8 from samsung.com/carrier apps? Support carrier HD voice and VOLTE?-dfdce2bc-7375-4bcf-bc6c-f7c9d4f57553.jpg  
    12-26-2017 12:13 PM