second wireless charging failure within a month on my Note 8

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
So my wireless charging completely stopped working around December 12 called Verizon and had them send me a replacement. Got my replacement Dec 15th. Wireless charging worked up until yesterday when it became unresponsive again. Called Verizon and they are sending me another one arriving today. I have 2 other Note 8's in my house and they have not had any issues at all. There has to be something I'm doing or an app that's causing this on my phone. All 4 of my wireless chargers and the many quick chargers I own are from Samsung. My only guess could be a third party vehicle charger in my truck. That's the only non Samsung charger I have. Anyone else got any suggestions on to what the cause could be?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So my wireless charging completely stopped working around December 12 called Verizon and had them send me a replacement. Got my replacement Dec 15th. Wireless charging worked up until yesterday when it became unresponsive again. Called Verizon and they are sending me another one arriving today. I have 2 other Note 8's in my house and they have not had any issues at all. There has to be something I'm doing or an app that's causing this on my phone. All 4 of my wireless chargers and the many quick chargers I own are from Samsung. My only guess could be a third party vehicle charger in my truck. That's the only non Samsung charger I have. Anyone else got any suggestions on to what the cause could be?

Not sure. My buddy who had a Note 8 also had his fail and had to get a replacement. Not sure how the replacement is working for him.. I will see if I can get him to chime in (name is "ITGuyJax" on the forums).

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
Not sure. My buddy who had a Note 8 also had his fail and had to get a replacement. Not sure how the replacement is working for him.. I will see if I can get him to chime in (name is "ITGuyJax" on the forums).

Sounds good. I wonder if he or do you by chance have an S view flip cover. I recently got one and that's when it stopped. It's probably nothing though.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Sounds good. I wonder if he or do you by chance have an S view flip cover. I recently got one and that's when it stopped. It's probably nothing though.

I did not have a case on my phone at all. I ran it naked and the QI stopped working. I can say it was working on the replacement phone that they sent me before I sold it and moved on to another phone.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
I did not have a case on my phone at all. I ran it naked and the QI stopped working. I can say it was working on the replacement phone that they sent me before I sold it and moved on to another phone.

Ok thanks for the info. I'm just trying to figure out what's going on.

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
One of my Note 8s will not wirelessly charge also. I have done some searching online and have found that this is small problem with some of the devices. All of the stories I have heard said that they had to have their phones replaced. A few said it has happened multiple times.

zorian99

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
my wireless charging went out also...have had a replacement phone for about 2 weeks now and is working fine so far....knock on wood

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084