Bixby Can't Open Contacts

DryLyne

Dec 27, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone else had the issue where bixby responds to very simple tasks with "OK, I canceled it" or "Got it, I canceled it"?

I've been trying Bixby out and it's really frustrating that it's unable to do simple things like "open contacts". I've even tapped on the demo task of open contacts and it failed spectacularly. I had high hopes after all of the reviews and positive feedback I've seen, but I'm one day from permanently disabling bixby.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Are you all talking about opening a specific contact or something?
I said "open contacts" it said "ok, here you go" and it opened my contacts.

anon(989136)

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Same issue... Just spent 1hr on remote assistance to have Samsung tech wipe all my Bixby data and still have same issue and then told can't help cause I'm from Canada.. EFF you Samsung!!!

I like the idea of Bixby phone use vs GA.

Roguefoxx

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I tell Bixby "open contacts" and Bixby opens the contacts app. I tell Bixby to open contacts to a certain name and it opens to that specific person. Not sure why it wouldn't be working for you.

kitmo

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
Same issue... Just spent 1hr on remote assistance to have Samsung tech wipe all my Bixby data and still have same issue and then told can't help cause I'm from Canada.. EFF you Samsung!!!

I like the idea of Bixby phone use vs GA.

I'm in Canada too and Bixby says this when I ask for contacts "okay got it, cancelled". I give up.

EMT_F_JC

Dec 29, 2017
Visit site
I just come out from samsung store , their tech ppl cant fix the problem. They said google can open contact. Seems like is bixby own problem. Since i juz got the phone, they suggest me to exchange it

anon(989136)

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I did live chat with Samsung Canada this morning (after 1 hr with remote assistance from US support last night-to be told US cannot help with a Canada phone). they told me to reset my phone.. I told them to fly a kite and fix the bug.

New Bixby update comes tonight.. I install.. wipe storage data... Wipe partition.. and reset Bixby.. guess what?

It's not fixed..Arrgghh! $1300 phone with integrated garbage app.. you can't uninstall and reinstall... Noooooooooo that would be too easy

slaarj

Dec 30, 2017
Visit site
Tried again today after abt a week...nd guess what it's back to normal...Bixby can now open contacts....haven't noticed any updates anyway...