I am done with curved screens

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
LOVE my Whitestone Dome protector. Installed it myself the day my phone arrived (in September) and it's still flawless. I have a minimal case on the phone, have dropped it face down a couple times and it came out unscathed. I'm using the Samsung Alcantara case.

I guess I'm in the minority, as I love the curved edges. But I also used and loved the Galaxy Note Edge for 3 years.
How does it install? Is not a liquid glass protector is it?

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Actually, yes it is. Accidents happen. I'm living proof.
exactly. and it is by miracle alone that I haven't already broken this device. I drop everything, and then drop it again, and again. I wanted a note so I had to go with a design that I never would have designed and is against my better judgement. hoping at some point Samsung regains its sanity.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
exactly. and it is by miracle alone that I haven't already broken this device. I drop everything, and then drop it again, and again. I wanted a note so I had to go with a design that I never would have designed and is against my better judgement. hoping at some point Samsung regains its sanity.
Lol. Same here. I don't see Samsung reversing course; and I expect to see more manufacturers moving towards curved screens. In fact, my Lumia Icon (2014) had a curved screen and finding a screen protector that fit properly was a challenge. It wasn't as curved as the Note 8, but enough that glass screen protectors didn't fit.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Here is a review of the Otao protector. Granted it's for the S8, but valid nonetheless.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bensin...een-protector-for-the-galaxy-s8/#6fc093285740

They have a Note 8 model. And that installation tray the guy mentions is incredible. I NEVER get a screen protector positioned to my liking, but OTAO takes the guess work out! They also provide great tools for cleaning the screen including a sticky paper to get those last few pesky dust flakes!

https://www.amazon.com/Coverage-Tem...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6121475

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I like both types of screens. I have iPhone 8 and Note 8. I love the curves on my Note. Zero false touches so far. So, I prefer Curved, But, I also don't hate my iPhone flat screen.
I do not use screen protectors or cases on either phone. both are a complete waste of money if you know how to treat $1000 electronics.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Lol. Same here. I don't see Samsung reversing course

all things old are new again. just like the software buttons coming back. eventually it will cycle around.

I refuse to go to Apple since it holds no interest for me, so that pretty much leaves Samsung, if I want the best. gritted my teeth when I bought it, but here I am.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Definitely Samsung is not going away from curved anytime soon. This curved thing is giving them a visual differentiator/show off factor compared to their main competitor Apple. So even though I don't like it we kind of are stuck with curved screen for a while I believe.

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Done. I can't find a perfect case for this phone, nor a perfect screen protector. I am just frustrated. It probably means I will have to forego the Note line but... Hauwei made an almost perfect phone now. Mate 10 pro. The display is a disgrace but I believe they will learn from it. Here is hoping for a better phone future.

Case I'm using Spigen Tough Armor. Tempered glass I'm using the eBay "Poetic". Works fine.

Umbrokhan

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
to me it looks nice. i think most smart phones in the future are going to be curved screen like it or not.
same thing goes with head-phone jack.

masseurca

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Curved screens are just annoying. Too often you grab the phone and launch other screens because you touched the side of the phone. Give me flat screens with normal aspect ratios. Most want 16:9, 6 inch phones. Like the Nexus 6 was shaped, and flat screened with a small bezel.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I am done with curved screens as well. I had a Note 8, a Sony Xperia XZ Premium, and an iPhone X. I didn’t need 3 phones so one of them had to go. The Note 8 is now out of my rotation.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Curved screens are just annoying. Too often you grab the phone and launch other screens because you touched the side of the phone..

people "say" this all the time. false touches may have happened back on the S6E, but I have had the Note 8 for months and not had one accidental app open from the edge.
The people who say this, don't have or use curved screens. They just assume the worst.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
people "say" this all the time. false touches may have happened back on the S6E, but I have had the Note 8 for months and not had one accidental app open from the edge.
The people who say this, don't have or use curved screens. They just assume the worst.
I can't speak for the Note 8, but happens all the time with my wife's S7 Edge. It's especially troublesome when she wants to hand it to me to show me something and about the only way to grab it is by the sides that then cause touch issues.

Not to mention the horrible "fold over" effect when watching a video in full screen, similar to old CRT t.v.'s with a picture tube going bad.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
It's especially troublesome when she wants to hand it to me to show me something and about the only way to grab it is by the sides that then cause touch issues.
I continually do this and I have to be so careful. I am rewarded with unwanted touches message. priceless

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I like the curved screens for watching video, it's very immersive, the drawback on the Note is less writing area with the s pen. I don't use screen protectors so that is not a concern

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800