Trying Nova Again

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
This isn't how Vertical Scrolling works. When Veritcal Scrolling is turned on you swipe up and down between desktop app pages. When it's turned off you swipe left or right between desktop app pages the same as Nova and all other traditional Launchers.

I only have one desktop page along with the feed page.
When I enable vertical scrolling, it allows me to swipe up and hides my few desktop apps/widget. Swipe down and they're back again. I like it because it leaves a clean home screen when I don't wish to see the apps/widget. I'm a minimalist when it comes to home screens. That's why I love that second dock row which is hidden unless I swipe the dock.Screenshot_20180111-191808_Microsoft Launcher.jpgScreenshot_20180111-191818_Microsoft Launcher.jpg

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I used Microsoft Launcher for a three week, now I'm going back to Nova. Nova had more customization that fitted my needs, than Microsoft Launcher did. Not saying ML is bad, because it's not, however, Nova fits me better.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Just a suggestion for an admin maybe. Should the title of this thread be changed? It’s more about Microsoft Launcher than Nova launcher I think. Doesn’t matter to me, but if someone is looking for info on ML they could find it here for sure. If they are looking for Nova info they would probably be disappointed. Just a thought as I scrolled through the thread.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Just a suggestion for an admin maybe. Should the title of this thread be changed? It’s more about Microsoft Launcher than Nova launcher I think. Doesn’t matter to me, but if someone is looking for info on ML they could find it here for sure. If they are looking for Nova info they would probably be disappointed. Just a thought as I scrolled through the thread.

Yeah, sorry about that. I was part of the high-jack of this thread.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, sorry about that. I was part of the high-jack of this thread.

Lol. No reason to be sorry. I wasn't trying to be critical. Sometimes threads take a different direction than originally intended. I was just thinking that if someone was looking for a thread on the Microsoft Launcher, they might find useful info here. By looking at the title, they would think the thread was about Nova.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Lol. No reason to be sorry. I wasn't trying to be critical. Sometimes threads take a different direction than originally intended. I was just thinking that if someone was looking for a thread on the Microsoft Launcher, they might find useful info here. By looking at the title, they would think the thread was about Nova.

I agree

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
well the topic is on Samsung Galaxy Note 8 page

I saw an article talking about how were turning into a Apple vs Samsung cellphone market and that it was a bad thing. Basically that most retailers offer only Apple or Samsung... or at least really only promote the two. So it's safe to assume, even outside this topic, that if you're not talking about Apple, you're talking about Samsung.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site