03-16-2018 01:48 PM
31 12
tools
    I've got half a mind to sell the Note and buy 2 or 3 refurbished Lumia 1520s. That could hold me for years till somebody catches on and puts this stuff in the OS. Thanks.
    honestly if all you're doing is calling and texting via a bluetooth headset, then you should be fine.
    03-15-2018 12:55 PM
    When I connect to BT in my car it plays my sms tone through my speakers AND the phone. I have a jarring sound of the Predator as my sms tone and it freaks people out when it happens in the car.
    03-15-2018 12:57 PM
    My Bluetooth speakers / headphones / car all play custom ringtones / notifications no issues.
    I text to speech and reply via Bixby.

Bixby also performs quite a few other tasks for me like turning my WiFi off in my car as I only use it at home. ( Used to use RF tags back in the day )

I work in the field 99% of the time. I enjoy not being contactable . If it's important, they leave a message and I can call back. Or not.
    03-15-2018 03:28 PM
    My custom ringtones come through my BT headphones so not sure why yours don't. That's odd. Also, when the BT headphones are connected, the speaker does shut off. Again, odd that yours does not.

As for reading incoming texts and send them, 'Ok Google' does this perfectly on my Note 8.
    Exactly this. My Samsung phones has been able to do this since the S4 that I got in 2013.. In contacts select the contact tap edit, scroll down to advanced, tap that and select ringtone and message tone. SAVE and you're good to go. Google assistant reads back messages just fine and lets me reply.
    03-15-2018 11:44 PM
    The google assistant does do that but it's nowhere near as good as it was on the Windows Phone. It was almost to the point where it was like carrying on a conversation with the other person. Which perhaps defeats the purpose of texting, lol.
    03-16-2018 08:59 AM
    SoundAbout does what you want. You can set it to where the phones plays media, notifications, etc.
    I thought I knew workarounds for most things but this app solved something that often really bugs me on some phones and that's when my phone is connected to Bluetooth stereos etc and I'm listening to the radio or the stereo is off, I can't hear my notifications because they're being sent over Bluetooth. This app means I still get my notifications etc even when paired to Bluetooth devices. Thank you my man!
    03-16-2018 01:48 PM
31 12