How many people are using Google Allo on the note 8?

demon_pc

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
"Hello everyone". I was wondering if anyone was using Allo on their Note 8? And if you were using it, what are the best futures. And what are the worst futures in your opinion. Also do you think this should be on every android phone?

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm using it and the web interface on the desktop too. I truly like it but until it becomes an SMS app as well, it just seems redundant. On the flip side, Duo is amazing. I think they need to combine Duo, Allo and Android Messages.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I use it with my kids and wife along with Duo. They are iPhone users and Allo gives an iMessage type experience. My kids actually prefer Allo to iMessage. They are trying to get their iPhone using friends to use it too. You can guess how that's going. Lol.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Don’t have a Note 8 but I’m working on getting my wife and daughter on it so we can all talk and send pics/videos no matter what platform we’re on. Since I’m a serial switcher. We already use Duo and I much prefer that to using FaceTime.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I prefer Allo as messenger app but since zero people I know use it I haven't opened it for a long time. they really need to do away with the suggested reply. they are not smart at all.
basically, it will never be used until it gets sms capability. for me that is a necessity as I spend a lot of time out of data area.
the one feature I love is the integration of Google maps and how if you bring up a place it will all if you want directions. it's probably my favorite messenger.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm using it and the web interface on the desktop too. I truly like it but until it becomes an SMS app as well, it just seems redundant. On the flip side, Duo is amazing. I think they need to combine Duo, Allo and Android Messages.

it was called Hangouts. and it was great.

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
it was called Hangouts. and it was great.
I don't know if I would call it great but it was better than their current dysfunctional strategy. If Google had stuck with Hangouts and continued to improve it they could have had a iMessage competitor. Of course allowing Hangouts on iOS kinda messed that up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance