I'm coming from a Note 4, just got the Note 8, and I noticed one thing in the camera app. In the camera app, where they have the small circle window that you click on to see your pictures, how come it saves ALLL my pictures there, even those that weren't taken with the Note 8. It saves pictures there that I'll receive from whatsapp messages and other sms apps. Is there a way to change that from the settings?
    I just want pictures taken with my phone camera to appear there, not my entire phone gallery.... Any help on this issue?
    01-04-2018 09:30 AM
    You'll have to check the settings in each app to make sure those apps are not auto saving pictures. The Gallery just displays what images were saved on the phone.
    01-04-2018 11:18 AM
    I'm coming from a Note 4, just got the Note 8, and I noticed one thing in the camera app. In the camera app, where they have the small circle window that you click on to see your pictures, how come it saves ALLL my pictures there, even those that weren't taken with the Note 8. It saves pictures there that I'll receive from whatsapp messages and other sms apps. Is there a way to change that from the settings?
    I just want pictures taken with my phone camera to appear there, not my entire phone gallery.... Any help on this issue?
    Yeah it's a pet hate of mine too. There's no way to fix it either as already mentioned the Gallery app just shows photos and videos stored on the entire phone not just the camera roll.
    01-04-2018 11:31 AM
    Gallery showing all my photos is fine, but I can't seem to understand why the camera app goes to the gallery and not just to the camera app pictures folder... The Note 4 camera app went just to the camera pictures, not sure why Samsung would screw this up... I even sent the Samsung Twitter tech support a message on this but it's been 5 days and they haven't replied except to ask me which model Note 8 I was using after that crickets...
    01-04-2018 04:05 PM
    Not sure I understand the issue, but if you tap on Camera Album within Gallery it shows just the pictures placed in that folder. Does that address the issue?
    01-04-2018 06:39 PM
    Not sure I understand the issue, but if you tap on Camera Album within Gallery it shows just the pictures placed in that folder. Does that address the issue?
    It does in the Gallery app itself but not for the OP's issue of opening the camera roll from within the Camera app (the little photo preview button next to the shutter button). It just takes you to the 'Pictures' section of the Gallery app where ALL pictures saved in your phone are displayed and not just the photos in the Camera Roll
    01-04-2018 06:45 PM
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/tmo...amera-t3444715

Seems like this has been a problem for a while now on Samsung devices
    01-04-2018 06:53 PM
    It does in the Gallery app itself but not for the OP's issue of opening the camera roll from within the Camera app (the little photo preview button next to the shutter button). It just takes you to the 'Pictures' section of the Gallery app where ALL pictures saved in your phone are displayed and not just the photos in the Camera Roll
    Ok, now I see what you are saying. I never noticed that. If I ever just wanted to see only pictures taken with this camera, I just tap on the Camera album. It only takes a second and I never thought much of it.
    01-04-2018 08:21 PM
    Create albums, put pics into album and from gallery app hide that album.
    01-04-2018 08:35 PM