SimFree Security Patch

Soundman72

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
some are now taking to Twitter asking @samsunghelpUK why no updates I've been asking this for a while and the same response from them

"firmware updates are rolled out in batches. we would advise keeping your phone set to automatically update in order to get the latest software version as soon as they are available"

I've asked repeatedly why the likes of vodaphone are ahead of unlocked phones yet no answer

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Well I don't use twatter or Facebook so can't pester them there, might try the ceo office again like when it had to go in for a warranty repair, calling Samsung support is a bit Shirley Valentine... as in... HELLO WALL

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Yep same here and still checking manually every day just in case. Getting seriously close to flashing carrier software on mine to get more frequent updates

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I read something about s8/s8+ getting some sort of WiFi related approval for official Oreo and should be ready for release very soon but no mention of Note 8
What type of media/paper/website/tv except from fb and the likes could it be worth contacting

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Who you with mate?
Why wouldn't you flash carrier Fw?

I have a sim only plan with Three. I meant to flash their firmware when I first got it so I'd get VoLTE and WiFi calling but in my excitement I completely forgot. The thought of flashing and starting from scratch now I have the phone just the way I like it is a painful thought. Restoring from backups would take away some of that stress I guess

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a sim only plan with Three. I meant to flash their firmware when I first got it so I'd get VoLTE and WiFi calling but in my excitement I completely forgot. The thought of flashing and starting from scratch now I have the phone just the way I like it is a painful thought. Restoring from backups would take away some of that stress I guess

Aye, can be a pain. Although I quite enjoy setting up from scratch.

I'm sim free currently on EE. My WiFi calling worked whilst still on BTU out the box. Only flashed EE for Volte.

Sim deal up next week, looking at deals atm.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Aye, can be a pain. Although I quite enjoy setting up from scratch.

I'm sim free currently on EE. My WiFi calling worked whilst still on BTU out the box. Only flashed EE for Volte.

Sim deal up next week, looking at deals atm.

My wife hates it. Everytime I get a new phone she starts getting arsey because she knows I'll be glued to the phone for the first day or so setting it all up lol.

I was EE too for a long time but when they stopped their Unlimited data I moved to Three. I was a bit apprehensive about their coverage but can honestly say they've been as good if not better than EE in many places.
I Pay £24 per month and get 200mins calls which is plenty for me as I do most of my communicating via the keyboard, unlimited texts, unlimited data (no throttling) and 30gb to use as a personal hot-spot.

Thats the perfect plan for me personally.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm unlocked and still only have October patch... Getting disillusioned with Samsung, might consider different phone this year...

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
My wife hates it. Everytime I get a new phone she starts getting arsey because she knows I'll be glued to the phone for the first day or so setting it all up lol.

I was EE too for a long time but when they stopped their Unlimited data I moved to Three. I was a bit apprehensive about their coverage but can honestly say they've been as good if not better than EE in many places.
I Pay £24 per month and get 200mins calls which is plenty for me as I do most of my communicating via the keyboard, unlimited texts, unlimited data (no throttling) and 30gb to use as a personal hot-spot.

Thats the perfect plan for me personally.

Yeah, good deal. Unfortunately I use my phone to talk a lot.
Was on the old three unlimited all one plan for 5 years. Was perfect, but now defunkt. On 30gb plan with EE for £19 which is fine for me these days.

Soundman72

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
I'm going to be contacting BBCs watchdog see if they can get to the bottom of this.
in light of the chips now being able to be hacked we have 3 known and serious problems for the note 8.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, good deal. Unfortunately I use my phone to talk a lot.
Was on the old three unlimited all one plan for 5 years. Was perfect, but now defunkt. On 30gb plan with EE for £19 which is fine for me these days.

Looks like I'll be getting the opportunity to start from scratch soon enough :'(

Attachments

• 3313.jpg
    3313.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 24

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Noooooo.
What happened.?

Feeding squirrels with the wee one in the park. Slipped my phone into my jacket pocket, bent over and it decided to slip back out...facedown of course. Haven't been this heartbroken since my S7 edge did the same. Hopefully the insurance will be straight forward and not have to pay Samsung the £250-300 they charge.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Feeding squirrels with the wee one in the park. Slipped my phone into my jacket pocket, bent over and it decided to slip back out...facedown of course. Haven't been this heartbroken since my S7 edge did the same. Hopefully the insurance will be straight forward and not have to pay Samsung the £250-300 they charge.

Feck. Who is your insurance with.?

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Feck. Who is your insurance with.?

Sky (Sky Protect). £7.99 a month but that also covers the wife's iPhone and all the SKY TV equipment in the house so isn't a bad deal.

The phone is also from Sky because we get good discount with my wife working there so hopefully it's hassle free.....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers