Text message to more than 1 recipient.

w7sg

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I sent a text message to two recipients. They did not get the text. It was a link to a web page. I re-sent it but this time added some text before the web page link. Both still didn't receive it.

I sent the exact message again to them, 1 at a time. They both got it. Have you seen this? Is this a setting or a bug?

thx

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Curious, you don't mention the messaging app. Shouldn't matter. Or carrier, though that might with video.

There is an option to not preview web links. It was web link and not to video, or where it might get filtered?

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
You should be able to send text messages to multiple contacts.
Hit messages then compose message after that point you should be able to choose multiple contacts, it works ok here, maybe it's a carrier issue.

w7sg

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi Gayle & evo. The carrier is AT&T. I never had a problem with multiple contacts with the iPhone, so it's not a carrier issue. I had a web page link I had cut & pasted into the Messages app that came with the phone.

Is there another Messaging/Text app?

thx much

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
So you can send images? (that's to test your mms is enabled and functional).
Usually, getting links means mms not enabled in the recipient device...

w7sg

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey Tim,

Just tried it to the same two recipients. Sent a picture, one of them just replied they got it.
I also sent just a "reply if you get this" text today to both of them, they both got it fine.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi Gayle & evo. The carrier is AT&T. I never had a problem with multiple contacts with the iPhone, so it's not a carrier issue. I had a web page link I had cut & pasted into the Messages app that came with the phone.

Is there another Messaging/Text app?

thx much

If you're coming from an iPhone then you may need to contact AT&T or log into your account and make sure you have the proper rate plan for standard LTE Devices and not for iPhone. Also if you still have access to your iPhone you can also try signing out of both iMessage and FaceTime.

w7sg

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
The picture went through ok to both recipients.

strike ... don't have it. Going to try that web link again. Interesting a text only message is fine, a picture goes through fine to both, but that didn't! I'll be back.

w7sg

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Thx for the link Tim. I did the disable iMessage with the on line tool. It came back & said "already disabled".

My Granddaughter sent me & my wife a picture, I didn't get it. My wife has an iPhone as does my Granddaughter. I asked my wife to send me a picture, came through ok. Going to re-try that scenario where someone with an iPhone sends me & my wife a picture see if it comes through. If not, I'll have them go into settings and enable/turn on "send as SMS". I remember that one when I 1st got into the Android world with the Note 3 :)

I am going to check my wifes phone to see if "send as SMS" is already turned on/enabled.

All doesn't explain why they didn't get my web link when I send it to two people. I'm going to try this again, just for grins, maybe as Gayle suggested, may be carrier related.

More fun!

w7sg

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Just an update, sent/messaged a different web page link to the same 2 recipients, went through fine. That is with no changes to any of the phones.

Now to go onto another issue, my Granddaughter sent my wife & I a picture, I didn't get it ... here we go! LOL

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1