Get the Note 8 or wait for the Note 9?

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the Note 4 right now and it's working well enough that I'm debating whether I should wait for the Note 9 or just get the Note 8 and sell it when the 9 comes out. What should I do?

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I have the Note 4 right now and it's working well enough that I'm debating whether I should wait for the Note 9 or just get the Note 8 and sell it when the 9 comes out. What should I do?
You must not use it for much. I had the Note 5 for three years - sluggish at times, etc - and this Note 8 is light years beyond that!

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I came from note 4 and as much as I loved it, the 8 is just a completely different level of beast, I had planned to keep the 4 as a spare but sold it 2 weeks later as I wasn't even looking in it's direction after first day with the 8

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Really depends on your situation. Note 8 is a very, very good device. It isn't plagued with the issues from the Note 7 days. Note 9- not even out yet. If you're in no hurry, may as well wait. Or if cost is of any concern, wait a little while and when the Note 9 comes out the Note 8 will be discounted and too save some cash.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
If you get the N8 it'll be a huge upgrade over the N4 then when you go for the N9 from the N8 it probably won't feel that much greater to you. Just a thought. Maybe wait for the N9 just to make it that much more of an experience.

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Very little money would be wasted as I'd sell the 8 and use it towards the 9.

With that logic why NOT just get the 8 and if you don't like it sell it when the 9 comes out.

In my OWN opinion, if the next one is months away from release, I'd wait. If it's a year, then just get what's current.

The NEXT model is always (ok ok usually) gonna be the latest and greatest, but if we all waited for that we'd always be waiting.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Note 8 has only been out for less than four months. If you can wait another 8 or so months for a Note 9, wait for that. Otherwise, get the Note 8. But get the blue one from Best Buy. ;)

Shark1222

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Get the Note 8. That's an eternity to wait, and phones have probably reached a saturation point where any improvements are incremental at best. If it was July I'd say wait. Note 8 will last you a long time with 6gb RAM, it's a BEAST!

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
"I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me. He's just a poor boy from a poor family. Spare him his life from this monstrosity." What I'm getting at is that lack of funds is a small issue right now. I'm gonna try to wait. Not going to be easy though.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Buy the S9+ when it ships in March-April to hold you over, it'll be great too, support native Oreo with Treble support.

It's slwsys a good time for a Note - well maybe July-Aug I'd be on the fence but I don't like to buy until a phone has been out two months and feedback from others.

Last edited:

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
If money is the problem, then wait till you can afford the latest and greatest, even if it is the Note 15. But one suggestion is sell the Note 4 and at least buy the Note 5. It's a lot faster than the 4. I went from the Edge to the note 7, they recalled the 7 so I went back to the Edge, couldn't stand the the Edge anymore. So I got a good deal on the 5 ($125) and used it. If Samsung didn't offer me $450 off the price of the 8, I would still be on the 5