Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Looks like there is a new Zagg that was released today, seems like it is meant to fix all of our frustrations with Tempered Glass Screen Protectors before, using a new Gel-like substance to cover the entire screen protector, and it looks to fix touch sensitivity issues as well. Looks nice, but $50 is a lot of money for it. AC has an article on here as well about it.

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre...-glass-curve-elite-samsung-s8-note-8-ces-2018

tatootie67

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Looks like there is a new Zagg that was released today, seems like it is meant to fix all of our frustrations with Tempered Glass Screen Protectors before, using a new Gel-like substance to cover the entire screen protector, and it looks to fix touch sensitivity issues as well. Looks nice, but $50 is a lot of money for it. AC has an article on here as well about it.

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre...-glass-curve-elite-samsung-s8-note-8-ces-2018
Just read about it too. Looks promising

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I might get it. It says ships from their warehouse January 15-16 on their website, but I'm hoping Amazon will carry it soon.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
My God, why is this 50 bucks..

Zagg has been known for charging a lot for their protectors, I'm not too surprised they are charging $50 for it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending them and don't believe it is a reasonable cost, but their other Invisbleshields for the Samsungs were $50, too. I wouldn't be too surprised if the cost of this goes below $30 in the next few months, but I could be wrong. The Invisibleshield on the Note 8 is $28 on Amazon right now.

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
$50 isn't bad when it has lifetime warranty and they actually work. I have used these for 9months+ and they have excellent customer service. I'd like to see $35-40 but 50 isn't horrible but I also wouldn't pay a dime more.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I have been very happy with the regular Zagg screen protector. However, a lot of people weren't. I guess Zagg admits to a problem, by improving upon the original design. It would be great if Zagg would offer a discount on this new protector, to those who experienced a problem with their old design.

Thejoey12

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
I have been very happy with the regular Zagg screen protector. However, a lot of people weren't. I guess Zagg admits to a problem, by improving upon the original design. It would be great if Zagg would offer a discount on this new protector, to those who experienced a problem with their old design.

i agree completely, i am tempted to email them about a possible discount

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
$50 isn't bad when it has lifetime warranty and they actually work. I have used these for 9months+ and they have excellent customer service. I'd like to see $35-40 but 50 isn't horrible but I also wouldn't pay a dime more.

I believe I also heard something about how Zagg charges like $15 for replacement screens to be sent out, let alone the amount of time it takes to ship one to you. But, could have been just a couple of people.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I believe I also heard something about how Zagg charges like $15 for replacement screens to be sent out, let alone the amount of time it takes to ship one to you. But, could have been just a couple of people.

I got one replacement for no charge/no shipping. And got another replacement for $6 shipping. They ship quickly (usually takes 5 days).

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Read about this in another thread.

What a rip. Even the author of the Verge article stated that the price was too steep.

Likely it's only a matter of time before other companies figure out the special voodoo and then offer it at a reasonable price point.

How cool would it be if Zagg did that from the right from the start?

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
All mine have been free or less then $5 for shipping. And it's next day or 2 day

44pirate

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I had to replace my lifetime warranty at $9.95 for shipping and now this one popped off and cracked. Wonder if the replacement will be the new improved one????

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok, awesome. I just heard a few had issues with it.
I call them and tell then why I had issues and almost every time they just ended up sending me one. Definitely very good customer service experience with them. I can't say that about many companies these days sadly.

I'll wait and see what these do and see if buy has them in Stock and maybe price match. I'd I don't like it I'll return it.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

Lifetime warranty that you pay 5 or 6 bucks each time you use it.

bigredgonzo

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
My old curve just cracked. I went online to order a replacement and the elite is one of the options for replacement. $5.99 shipping, but you can't find any other decent screen protector for $5.99. My original cost was $39.99. Their customer service is top notch. My wife has an S7 Edge (because her Note 7 was recalled) and her Zagg looks like shrapnel so I ordered her a replacement. Shipping for it was $9.99. This is what bothers me, but I get good service from them and until the Note 8 I have always had very good luck with their product. I'll stick with them for a while longer.

BigRedGonzo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome