blemoon42

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I agree I just posted about this in another thread I just got off the phone with zagg customer service and they are sending me an the curved elite one for a replacement because I had just purchased the zagg glass this past
weekend.
And they also waived the shipping fee.
I was having sensitivity issues as well.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
$50 and only has adhesive on the edges? No thanks.

I guess you didn't read the OPs initial post. The new Zagg elite has a full screen adhesive. If you have the old design and complain of sensitivity issues, they will likely send you the new design. As long as you return the old one within 60 days in the prepaid mailer they will include with the elite version, there will be no charge to you.

blemoon42

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Yep that's what they did for me.
It shipping out around the 17th
they even waived the shipping but I think that might of been because I had just purchased it this past weekend.
And when it comes I think I will pay the fee to have best buy put it on.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Because they figure that anyone with $1000 for a phone will be stupid enough to spend $50 on a piece of plastic to cover it!

It's glass, and plenty of people bought the original ones thag came out with the S8's and Note 8's for $50, too. $50 is a lot, but no doubt it will eventually go on sale.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I have a dilemma. I have been perfectly happy with the older design Zagg protector put on my N8 in September. I haven't noticed any sensitivity issues, but to be honest, I have no point of comparison, since I never experienced my phone naked.
So while I can get the new Zagg elite at no cost, I am afraid to remove what I think is a perfectly good protector. Perhaps, I will just wait for the reviews It could be that there is enough of an improvement in sensitivity that I would notice it.

Another reason to upgrade might be the improved level of protection that Zagg says comes with the cushioning effect of the gel adhesive between the protector and the screen. Fortunately, I haven't needed to test how protective the older design would be in a drop. I have not dropped my phone. Perhaps, in that situation. compared to the new Elite, the old design wouldn't be as perfectly good as I currently think.

Last edited:

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I have a dilemma. I have been perfectly happy with the older design Zagg protector put on my N8 in September. I haven't noticed any sensitivity issues, but to be honest, I have no point of comparison, since I never experienced my phone naked.
So while I can get the new Zagg elite at no cost, I am afraid to remove what I think is a perfectly good protector. Perhaps, I will just wait for the reviews It could be that there is enough of an improvement in sensitivity that I would notice it.
Another reason to upgrade might be the improved level of protection that Zagg says comes with the cushioning effect of the gel adhesive between the protector and the screen.

First off, congrats on being one of the few that got a glass protector to work on an N8!

Second, how do you get a new Zagg at no cost?

Lastly, you'd know if you had the touch sensitivity issues that many of us have complained about. You'd notice a range from needing to tap a second time to select something, to noticing entire dead areas on the screen. It's typically not such a subtle thing.

Also, I'd wait for reviews - good idea. The Zagg could easily be a POS, but hey, maybe not. Time will tell. Even if it "works", many of us will not throw down at that elevated price point.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
..... how do you get a new Zagg at no cost?.

If you have registered your original Zagg, call customer service and tell them you are beginning to notice sensitivity issues on one part of your screen. Ask if they can help you with this problem. ( Don't ask for the Elite protector. I'm sure they don't want to upgrade everyone who bought the old design, just because they heard about the improved one.) So act surprised when they tell you about their new product that will solve your problem. Chances are, they will offer to send you one at no cost, particularly if you have never made a warranty claim before.

Incidentally, I don't think it was a matter of luck that I had no issues with my old Zagg. I had mine installed by a guy at Verizon who had been there for years and was recognized by his fellow employees as an expert with installing protectors on edged screens. This guy told me that the trick to installing these correctly is that you need to apply pressure to the flat portion of the screen while you are trying to get the edges to adhere. If you fail to do so, you are almost guaranteed to have sensitivity issues because of a gap you will leave. Also dust will more likely find its way in under the protector.

Last edited:

Mr. Orange 645

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
So if I buy the current Curve for $28 on Amazon, register it, then sign up for a replacement, the Elite would be an option. So I could essentially get the new Elite for $34?

bigredgonzo

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
$50 and only has adhesive on the edges? No thanks.

I have several phones currently that all have Zagg Invisishield Glass protectors on them and have had many other Zagg screen protectors over the years. I have never seen one of them that only has adhesive on the edges. They have all had adhesive covering the entire back.

BigRedGonzo

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I have several phones currently that all have Zagg Invisishield Glass protectors on them and have had many other Zagg screen protectors over the years. I have never seen one of them that only has adhesive on the edges. They have all had adhesive covering the entire back.

BigRedGonzo

The curved edged screen protectors made in the past by Zagg were different from their flat screen protectors. The curved edge screen protector had adhesive only on the sides, whereas the flat screen protector had adhesive on the entire surface. Now Zagg has figured out how to do the same with the edged screen, by using a gel adhesive. In the past, when they tried to apply other adhesives to the entire screen, they would get a halo effect or bubbles.

Feldhege

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
$50 isn't bad when it has lifetime warranty and they actually work. I have used these for 9months+ and they have excellent customer service. I'd like to see $35-40 but 50 isn't horrible but I also wouldn't pay a dime more.

My Problem is when mine cracked (Original S8+ version) and I called for my Replacement, the "Small fee" was $19! That is crazy. I can see $5 for shipping or like that, but BOTH my wife's s8 and my s8+ protectors broke and now we just do without. I loved using Zagg protectors for my last few phones and they were awesome, but charging me basically COST to replace it, seems like a discount not a warranty.

My Wife's also had issues with the sensitivity. I will wait until they get some hands on reviews before I try again.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Interesting. Let's see how the competition will do. Right now, I'm using one from i-Blason. It fits nice. The problem is it doesn't work with i-Blason's full cases (with built in screen protectors).

Also, the writer of the article forgot a third category; the one I belong in. Those of us who are not afraid of a little wear and tear, but who have actually cracked their screens, or came close to cracking a screen.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Iam using full glue tempered glass on my Note 8 SINCE 2 months now...well I purchased it for 20$ and it's non BRANDED..I works great as same as original screen..it's a bit smaller and is case friendly...but u have to be careful while applying as bubbles can form easily if not applied right...As Iam in India makes no sense in posting a link...But 50$ is very expensive

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12