TMobilewingman

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
This is automatically saved in my WIFI Network history. I cannot delete it for some reason. Anyone know why? Do I even want it on?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you mean it's in your Saved Wi-fi Networks list? Or does it always show up as an available network whenever you turn on wi-fi? If it always shows up whenever you turn on wi-fi at home, it's probably the name of a neighbor's wi-fi network. You can't prevent a nearby network from showing up as available, as far as I know.

KingCali68

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Tmobilewingman is the term they use for there service on airplanes. You get free WiFi on planes if your a t mobile customer. I use it every time I fly but never seen that listed.

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Do you mean it's in your Saved Wi-fi Networks list? Or does it always show up as an available network whenever you turn on wi-fi? If it always shows up whenever you turn on wi-fi at home, it's probably the name of a neighbor's wi-fi network. You can't prevent a nearby network from showing up as available, as far as I know.

You are correct. It's saved in my managed wifi network. I can't remove it like the other saved wifi networks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, interesting. Have you ever used wi-fi on a plane equipped with Gogo inflight wi-fi? Those are the planes where T-Mobile customers can get free wi-fi.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you asked T-Mobile support about it? They might be able to tell you if it's officially from T-Mobile, at least.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm asking here to see if anyone has the same issue so I can relate. But guess not lol

Oh yeah, it's definitely still worth asking folks here -- just thought it would also be a good idea to check with T-Mobile officially (although who knows if there customer service people know anything more than us!:p).