Getting the S9+ and keeping my N8

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
S series are nice phones but i prefer the note series. Always will. So I'll wait for the note9. And my note8 will be back up.
Exactly.

Made the mistake of going from the great Note 4 to the Galaxy S7 Edge when the Note7 went up in flames.

NEVER again will I go back to S series, the S7 Edge was a good phone don't get me wrong, but it wasn't a Note.

Great to be back in the Note line with the Note8, and I will be doing the same thing to, getting a Note9 at launch and having Note8 as back up, and next year Note10 etc etc...

I cannot justify leaving a Note for a S series, not ever.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Exactly.

Made the mistake of going from the great Note 4 to the Galaxy S7 Edge when the Note7 went up in flames.

NEVER again will I go back to S series, the S7 Edge was a good phone don't get me wrong, but it wasn't a Note.

Great to be back in the Note line with the Note8, and I will be doing the same thing to, getting a Note9 at launch and having Note8 as back up, and next year Note10 etc etc...

I cannot justify leaving a Note for a S series, not ever.

Same here. I tried the s6 edge plus when I left note 3. Good phone but like you said not a note lol. So at the time the note 5 was available so I got that. When the 2 recalls of the note7 happened I went back between my note 5, v20 and iPhone 7 plus which Verizon got back when my 2nd note8 came out lol. The deep sea blue one. I just can't stay away from Samsung and the note series lmao. I was a Motorola chic til I tried the note 3 and well I'm not going anywhere until they stop doing the note line. And if that happens I will run the last note that came out til it won't turn on anymore lmao.

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
While I have no doubt that the S9/S9+ will be awesome, I'll wait for the Note 9. The Note 8 will get a refresh with Oreo. Even if it didn't, the Note 8 does everything I need it to and more. Then we will see how much of a leap the Note 9 is from the Note 8.
My thoughts exactly

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
The N8 is the first time in a while I'm going to keep ut until the N9. I usually upgrade between the S and Note series, but every time I do I miss the Note more then the S series. So this time I will be using both cause I'm just a tech junkie. Anyone else keeping both or just upgrading to the S9+?
Zero interest, I keep phones for at least two years. The differences are so small that it is not worth the effort to move to another phone.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
When they brought this side cropping menu option to the S8+ I was thrilled. I'm sure the S9+ will have it. What's cool about the Note 8 is it has this menu option and the S pen.20180113_062625.jpg

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm gonna keep my Note8. No reason to get the S9/+ or the Note 9. I'll most likely upgrade when the Note 10 comes out. The Note8 does everything I need and more

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I cannot see jumping to another phone when my perfectly running Note 8 that will wind up costing me $275.00 is the best phone that I've ever used.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
The more I read about the S9 series, there's just no real upgrades over the note 8. There are some minimal things but that's it. Less ram, smaller screen, no S pen for $1000? It's def a no for me. The Note 9 is the only phone that can take the note 8 off of the throne.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Having had both the S8 and N8 at release, I will try and show restraint this time. :)

The rumoured camera interests me, little else. Might finally manage some half decent shots.

Will be keeping the N8 regardless. Until the N9 comes out.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Usually buy the newest Note at release but given the Note 7 debacle I couldn't wait and purchased S8+.

Have tried putting off cash purchase of Note 8 but I'm weak and must have one today.

Haven't seen any legitimate deals and I'm not going to activate a new line. What to do?

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
Usually buy the newest Note at release but given the Note 7 debacle I couldn't wait and purchased S8+.

Have tried putting off cash purchase of Note 8 but I'm weak and must have one today.

Haven't seen any legitimate deals and I'm not going to activate a new line. What to do?
What carrier are u with?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

Get an unlocked version perhaps.

Brandon Zbroszczyk

Jan 15, 2018
Visit site
The more I read about the S9 series, there's just no real upgrades over the note 8. There are some minimal things but that's it. Less ram, smaller screen, no S pen for $1000? It's def a no for me. The Note 9 is the only phone that can take the note 8 off of the throne.
I agree, I had a regular s8 and upgraded to the note 8 and now I will never go back to the s series

kempsterX5

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I’m with you on that note

While I have no doubt that the S9/S9+ will be awesome, I'll wait for the Note 9. The Note 8 will get a refresh with Oreo. Even if it didn't, the Note 8 does everything I need it to and more. Then we will see how much of a leap the Note 9 is from the Note 8.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, no.

There’s nothing on the S9 that really makes me think that I want it now.

Yes, I love the improvements they made. The f/1.5 lens than can switch to f/2.4 in daylight and then back again for low light, the stereo speakers and the other stuff.

It’s just that, in the grand scheme of things, these improvements aren’t all that significant to me. Sure, the Snapdragon 845 is beefier than the 835, but am I really going to be noticing a lot of it in my daily use? The aperture looks awesome but is that going to dramatically improve my photos? Stereo speakers I love, but since getting my 1000XM2s, speaker quality has sorta just become a bonus point for me.

I’m not saying the S9 is going to be bad. It’s so far shaping up to be one of the top phones released so far in the year. But as a Note8 user, I feel that even a Note9 isn’t likely to make me upgrade. I’ve said it before that I plan to keep this phone for 3 years at least and I will be sticking to that. Plus, Oreo will bring features like LDAC support for my 1000XM2s among other things along with a healthy performance jump.

I think this is what happens in a matured market. There really isn’t anything new to get excited about these days. Probably the thing we need most of all are better batteries.

darthhen

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Hell NO! I don't have a money tree. :)

I spent a boat load of money buying the S8+ and Note 8 in 2017 so I won't be donating to the Samsung fund for a while.

Seriously though, I find that upgrading tech at least every 2 years is the way the go. I don't see a whole lot of difference from one year to the next.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21