Low quality video when sending texts

Madam ImAdam

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Is there a way to send higher quality video in the Samsung messages app? The last one I sent was a blurry mess when viewed on my daughter's phone.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
You can upload it to Youtube, then click Share, and copy the link of it, and share it that way. Sharing direct from the phone produces a bad quality video, unless you are using some type of app. I didn't both with looking for apps - I just upload them and share the link. its easier that way.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Send it thru WhatsApp, or use Samsung link sharing. The other party does not have to be Samsung, all they have to do is download it, or just view it if they don't want to save it.

The link sharing is real easy to do, just select it and then choose method you want to send the link.

Screenshot_20180114-172731.jpg

macallik

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
You will not be able to send high quality video though text/mms. Your best bet would be to upload the video to a storage place like Google drive, one drive, Dropbox, box, etc.. Then share the link with your daughter through text.

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Or just use Facebook messenger. That seems a lot easier than anything listen above. Unless the other person doesn't have Facebook messenger or whatnot.

Madam ImAdam

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
never used Facebook. how about sending photos, they look terrible. I'm on att with the stock Sammy messaging app.

note 8 makes me look like I'm sending everyone crap.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
That means it's going through carrier compression. Samsung's Enhanced Messages and iPhones iMessage works the same way where both companies have servers to store the pictures and videos sent. However the catch is they only work for themselves. Samsung to Samsung or iPhone to iPhone. If you're sending from a Samsung to iPhone, or vice versa, or an LG/Moto/Huawei to Samsung (even if they're both Android), it will go through the carriers which compress the videos and pictures because they don't support servers for the data.

The only way to be able to send higher res pictures and videos from Android to iPhone, or between different brand Androids FOR NOW, is to use a third party messenger like Facebook, WhatsApp, Viber, etc, or through emails or links in the SMS.

anon(8453378)

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Samsung's enhanced messages? I thought that was based on the carrier. I have an s7 and don't see an option for this, but it would be extremely useful, since my entire family uses Samsung. Guessing the option was removed on the Verizon variant of the software.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Samsung's enhanced messages? I thought that was based on the carrier. I have an s7 and don't see an option for this, but it would be extremely useful, since my entire family uses Samsung. Guessing the option was removed on the Verizon variant of the software.
Nope. It's not carrier bases, but some carriers in the US have indeed removed it. It's sort of the replacement for Chaton. They built it into the Messaging app now.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
In theory, if I were to download the Samsung messages apk, would it replace the Verizon gutted version on my Verizon s7?
Can't say. Samsung has been moving to decentralizing their apps, but historically their apps needed to be embedded into the framework for it to work properly. Then you're also going to face the issue that Enhanced Messaging is not available on all US Samsung phones so it won't really be any different for most people.