Moisture detected? What happens now?

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It's lightly raining. All I can think of is that one raindrop must have landed perfectly in the USB port somehow.

Will this notification go away?

Note8uzer

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
After the port dries out the notification should go away. I had this happen on my Note 8 and by the next morning the phone was fine.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I've had it happen on my Note, S8+, and my daughter's S7. It'll clear out after it dries. Using a hair dryer on low can speed up the drying.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
if that doesn't work then plug it in and restart it. it's as common problem, that's how mine was fixed. took a few tries though.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I had that problem on my first note and none of the workarounds helped, not even factory reset, had to send it in for warranty repair but I suspect that they just reflashed the software, problem haven't reappeared yet but it's not my daily runner as I bought another one, couldn't wait 10-12 days on top of already waiting 5 days for them to sort out picking it up

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
you can try and clear data in usb settings, also clear cache in recovery, if it doesn't work you can still charge the phone either wireless or by plugging in the just as you switch it on, a pain having to reboot every time you want to charge though and it will be regular instead of fast charging.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I rinse my phone off sometimes and that message pops up, as it should. You don't want to charge your phone with water in the port. It will go away after it actually drys. Sometimes it takes a little while. The good news is that you can still wirelessly charge it if you really need a charge while you wait. I think the longest I have had it stay on was about an hour. Seemed a little long, but I assume it was still sensing moisture because it did go off on it's own without me rebooting or doing anything.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it'll go away..... Eventually. Even after a few hours and you're convinced it's bone dry it'll still detect moisture. Just be patient and don't be tempted to blow a hairdryer into the port to speed it up. That could force moisture into the phone and you don't want that. Having a wireless charging pad in the meantime will at least let you charge it when a USB plug won't.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the responses everyone. It went away a few hours later. Nice little warning when it's working properly.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
glad it is sorted, just pay attention to it coming back, mine got that message without being near any moisture, it went away, came back and then got progressively worse until it was all the time

SPRINGHEEL

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Bunping this thread.

I nearly shat myself when I saw that. What I did was go to the nearest restroom, use the hand dryers and it blew all the moisture away.

Thankfully, the warning was gone