08-31-2018 09:41 AM
117 12345
tools
    Blackberry keyboard is the only keyboard I need.
    zyad1 likes this.
    01-19-2018 04:23 PM
    GBoard for me.
    01-19-2018 04:32 PM
    It depends on what you are looking for with a keyboard. You didn't give any details. I've tried countless keyboards (mainly because I have several specific options that I want/need). For instance do you care about theming your keyboard? Do you like tons of emoticons? Would you use different fonts ℓιкє тнιѕ, Oᖇ TᕼIᔕ, ϴr thῖs, ꂦꋪ ꓄ꃅꀤꌗ, 🅾🆁 🆃🅷🅸🆂? Maybe you need a keyboard that has bigger key pads, because your fingers just don't fit within those teeny, tiny spaces and you end up pressing more than one key everytime you type?
    Do you see what I mean? Please give some details as to what you'd really be looking for in a keyboard and then I think other people's answers will become better suited for what you actually want/need. (•ᴗ•)
    01-19-2018 06:31 PM
    Did you manage to get it work on an Oreo device. It crashes on my pixel 2 XL.
    No oreo for note 8 yet
    01-19-2018 11:15 PM
    Blackberry keyboard FTW. Swiping up to insert words is invaluable. Predictions are the best. Also has advanced editing capabilities.
    zyad1 likes this.
    01-20-2018 03:04 PM
    The answer for this question could be subjective. So you should take a time and try different keyboards and make your decision after.

In my opinión the keyboard list could be:

Chrooma (i love the flow write on this)

Gboard (google search right there)

SwiftKey board (I'm using this as main keyboard)

They are not in special order. You just try them and make your choice

01-20-2018 03:51 PM
    I use the blackberry keyboard on my note it works great has the swipe up words. If you are coming from blackberry you will love the keyboard.
    zyad1 likes this.
    01-22-2018 05:36 AM
    SwiftKey used to be my favourite, but now prefer the simplicity of Gboard. SwiftKey has so many themes but none I really like. However I think predictions were better in SwiftKey and accuracy.

Stock LG and Samsung are ok, but I just prefer the stock Android feel. Still think iPhone has the better keyboard, despite not using one for the last few years.
    01-22-2018 01:30 PM
    Have had my Note 8 since Friday, gave the keyboard a good go again but glide typing in Gboard is just way better, everything for be is better. Only thing I would like Gboard to do that Samsung keyboard does is clippings , like for hashtags in IG that I always use when posting, I can doggle between boards tho for that.
    01-22-2018 09:04 PM
    Gboard. No contest. Syncs your dictionary across devices (not on iOS), themes, and it's fast and reliable.
    01-22-2018 09:31 PM
    Gboard definitely the best I've found so far behind my BlackBerry devices and the iOS keyboard on iphones.

Posted via Android Central App
    01-22-2018 11:56 PM
    Only SwiftKey for me. I've tried Gboard for a while but found SwiftKey more accurate.
    z0ove and hasasimo like this.
    01-23-2018 01:14 AM
    Although I'm a fan of Gboard, I tried Chrooma (really like the looks of the 3d theme) but I find the glide typing to be far from accurate. I'll stick with Gboard but wish it had a comparable 3d theme.
    01-23-2018 10:43 AM
    Only SwiftKey for me. I've tried Gboard for a while but found SwiftKey more accurate.
    I'm just curious. When you say Swiftkey is more accurate are you referring to auto correct or your typing accuracy is better using Swiftkey? I have been a long time Swiftkey user, but I've been using Gboard on the Note 8 and it's been very good for me. Honestly, I am not which one I prefer at this point.
    01-23-2018 11:32 AM
    I'm just curious. When you say Swiftkey is more accurate are you referring to auto correct or your typing accuracy is better using Swiftkey? I have been a long time Swiftkey user, but I've been using Gboard on the Note 8 and it's been very good for me. Honestly, I am not which one I prefer at this point.
    Both typing and prediction... Also love the layout and theme I'm using (Holo, very easy on the eyes), great symbols and accents plus numbers on top row. Everything is adjustable to user's preference.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    01-23-2018 12:29 PM
    Both typing and prediction... Also love the layout and theme I'm using (Holo, very easy on the eyes), great symbols and accents plus numbers on top row. Everything is adjustable to user's preference.
    Agreed. I love all those things about Swiftkey. Fortunately, I can do all the customizing on Gboard as well so I guess it just comes down to typing and prediction. Both work well for me. We all type differently though so that's why I'm glad we have choices. I could definitely use either and be happy. I like the Google integration in Gboard though.
    01-23-2018 02:55 PM
    I use my old Apple (full-size, white) keyboard that came with my Mac Pro Desktop, from early 2010, while my Note 8 is connected to Dex Station. Away from home I use my FAVI mini bluetooth pocket keyboard.
    01-25-2018 10:26 AM
    I prefer the one with the letters on it, makes typing words SO much easier :-)
    01-25-2018 05:04 PM
    I always had trouble in typing the virtual keyboard and used to hate when I had to type, however recently found some solution

Samsung keyboard and Gbaord. Lay out is good and I type reasonably accurately but prediction was dissappointing and some fields like email etc did not show predictions

Swiftkey- the layout made me type incorrectly but the auto correct did a good work.. Over time it learned most of the words and predict quite well. Most important thing was its ability to help fill in spaces where email or userid needed to be entered.

Recently I found out about Exi for Swiftkey, an xposed module which adds some features to swifkey but most importantly change the size of the keybaord to fit my typing style.. This dramatically imporved my typing skills. I get most of the words I type now and absolutley love typing. This will need root though
    01-25-2018 05:54 PM
    Holo several years for same reasons.
    01-25-2018 06:27 PM
    I just downloaded gboard a few days ago and so far I really like it. I was using Swype before because I like swyping instead of typing. I couldn't get the gifs and bitmoji's to work with the Samsung stock messages app so I switched to Android messages and everything works great!
    01-26-2018 12:36 AM
    This question is almost like asking "which bear is best?"
    01-26-2018 09:42 AM
    This question is almost like asking "which bear is best?"
    Black Bear.

Fact, bears eat beats. Bears. Beats. Battlestar Galactica.
    pkcable and mary beth hale like this.
    01-26-2018 11:34 PM
    Black Bear.
    Totally agree. Makes awesome chorizo.
    pkcable and mary beth hale like this.
    01-27-2018 01:57 AM
    Black-Bear(y)
    pkcable likes this.
    01-27-2018 05:08 PM
117 12345