08-31-2018 09:41 AM
117 ... 2345
tools
    Been using gboard for a long time. This thread prompted me to go back and try SwiftKey again. I have to say out of the gate I am faster and more accurate on SwiftKey. This surprises me a lot. So I will give it a month and see what I think then.
    01-27-2018 07:04 PM
    i like gbord
    02-05-2018 07:06 AM
    Personally I love Gboard. I use it on all of my devices including my iPhone X.
    02-05-2018 07:12 AM
    with the latest update to samsung keyboard am back
    02-10-2018 04:02 PM
    what update part do you like? why are you back?
    02-10-2018 10:56 PM
    Why do you like Samsung keyboard
    02-10-2018 11:45 PM
    What's different? I tried using it after the update but I swear that text predictions got worse
    02-11-2018 01:00 AM
    What's new in the update?
    02-11-2018 01:09 AM
    Not sure what's in the update. Predictions much better for me now. The other thing I like is to have a shortcut to pen message integrated in the keyboard. Also I always appreciated the layout of keyboard with number row on the top.
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    02-11-2018 01:20 AM
    One more thing to add. Samsung keyboard detected the fields in the browser/apps and gave suggestions better than gboard.
    02-11-2018 01:22 AM
    Nothing beats SwiftKey so far in the years I've been using Android.
    02-11-2018 01:34 AM
    I have tried the Samsung, SwiftKey, Gboard and BlackBerry keyboard. I prefer the Blackberry one, Gboard and SwiftKey are very close. The Samsung I use from time to time mainly because its integration with the SPen. But after a while I go back. I have all the four installed so I switch from time to time.
    02-11-2018 03:15 AM
    i use Chrooma keyboard becuase i like colour changing automatically
    also use Action Launcher for colour change Auto with different wallpaper.
    02-21-2018 12:43 PM
    Been using gboard for a long time. This thread prompted me to go back and try SwiftKey again. I have to say out of the gate I am faster and more accurate on SwiftKey. This surprises me a lot. So I will give it a month and see what I think then.
    I also tried SwiftKey again and it's much faster and instantly the predictions improved (compared to Gboard) to near perfection. Glad I'm back and hopefully it won't slowdown again.
    Martell545 likes this.
    03-04-2018 08:18 AM
    Nothing beats SwiftKey so far in the years I've been using Android.
    Well, this does. Swiftkey was discontinued.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/0...-discontinued/
    03-04-2018 03:48 PM
    Well, this does. Swiftkey was discontinued.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/0...-discontinued/
    Swiftkey is not Swype. Those are two different keyboards. Swiftkey is not discontinued.
    Martell545 likes this.
    03-04-2018 04:33 PM
    why does Gboard get so much hype?
    i tried few keyboards they are so similar in spell check.
    even Samsung keyboard seem's good.

best prediction has to be swift,key

i also notice hype in stock android, pixel phones for so many years since i had the Nexus 4. who are paying these guy's?
    03-04-2018 05:53 PM
    Coming from an iPhone 8+, my typing and mistakes are still very poor compared to the iphone typing experience.
    I have used Android since '08 and have never found a keyboard as good as iPhone.
    Umbrokhan likes this.
    03-04-2018 06:13 PM
    Yeah Flossy Carter on YouTube also was saying iPhone keyboard is the most accurate keyboard when he typing really fast. Android keyboard are lagging behind Apple keyboard.

i don't understand why so many android OEM make fun out of Apple but after few month's or year's then copy Apple. why mock it when you going to copy it?

seem's like most tech web sites, YouTube are trying to stop people from buying iPhone's. been seeing it for so many years... i been thinking of getting an iPhone because i want to know why so many people hate it.
    03-05-2018 10:30 AM
    Yeah Flossy Carter on YouTube also was saying iPhone keyboard is the most accurate keyboard when he typing really fast. Android keyboard are lagging behind Apple keyboard.

i don't understand why so many android OEM make fun out of Apple but after few month's or year's then copy Apple. why mock it when you going to copy it?

seem's like most tech web sites, YouTube are trying to stop people from buying iPhone's. been seeing it for so many years... i been thinking of getting an iPhone because i want to know why so many people hate it.
    Depends on the user. I for one type slower on an iPhone when I tried my sister's.

I don't hate it per se. I just don't think the device is worth what they're asking for.
    Martell545 and j_hansen like this.
    03-05-2018 11:05 AM
    I used to use SwiftKey but it became untrustworthy. Its predictions are now so gnomic that you have to look at it all the time to correct the mistakes. This really slow you down and thus defeats the whole purpose of swiping. Gboard, however, is rock-solid. I love that most punctuation is just a long-press away on the letter keys and you can have a numeric line on top. Also it puts a space and a capital letter after a full stop (aka a period). If you pause after you swipe your word it inserts a space and really speeds things up. Top tip: press and hold the full stop at the bottom right; you then get access to a whole raft of punctuation characters. There is no need to switch to the alternate numeric/special characters keyboard. Best thing? You can set it up in a dark theme.
    Nodyn8 likes this.
    03-08-2018 02:27 AM
    Been using Cheetah for a bit more of fun. I like it second to Swiftkey but since it is more lively, I have been enjoying it immensely.
    03-08-2018 10:33 AM
    There is no keyboard thag is the best as you can see. Only the best keyboard for each person. Personally I like Samsung's keyboard. I like how it operates. Never had a problem other than I wish the space bar was bigger. Besides that I'm happy. And I look forward to the upgraded keyboard soon. But it's not for everyone. That's what's great, tons of options to see what works best for you and your style.
    j_hansen likes this.
    03-09-2018 12:43 AM
    I used to use SwiftKey but it became untrustworthy. Its predictions are now so gnomic that you have to look at it all the time to correct the mistakes. This really slow you down and thus defeats the whole purpose of swiping. Gboard, however, is rock-solid. I love that most punctuation is just a long-press away on the letter keys and you can have a numeric line on top. Also it puts a space and a capital letter after a full stop (aka a period). If you pause after you swipe your word it inserts a space and really speeds things up. Top tip: press and hold the full stop at the bottom right; you then get access to a whole raft of punctuation characters. There is no need to switch to the alternate numeric/special characters keyboard. Best thing? You can set it up in a dark theme.
    Have you tried SwiftKey beta? I was a big fan of Microsoft's branded keyboard until they killed it. Then I switched to SwiftKey and was very frustrated at its performance. But I recently found the beta app in the store and installed it. As of right now I can say it is much more accurate.

Gboard used to infuriate me as it would never capitalize 'I' in the middle of a sentence. I'm sure it was an algorithm based on something it thought I wanted but that's just ridiculous.
    03-09-2018 04:57 AM
    Been using Cheetah for a bit more of fun. I like it second to Swiftkey but since it is more lively, I have been enjoying it immensely.
    I thought anything from this chinese devoloper was suspicious re security. Your thoughts?
    j_hansen likes this.
    03-09-2018 05:52 AM
117 ... 2345