blackberry keyboard on the note

rdubmu

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I have heard great things about the blackberry keyboard on android. It isn't in the play store and have heard of something called cobalt but that appears to be only to be on blackberry 10 devices. I tried Google and came up empty. Any help would be appreciated.

The Samsung keyboard and other keyboards are not as good as the iOS keyboard. I make so many mistakes and autocorrect changes words that are spelled correctly. I have heard blackberry keyboard is the best. I look forward to any responses :) thank you in advanced!

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Unless it's the official blackberry hub software, avoid it. It requires install from unknown sources permissions. These days you can never be too careful. I tried to use it on my Honor 6x and I don't remember it being a very good keyboard at all. I think it may also have had ads.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Ads??? I don't know what you used, but the BlackBerry keyboard does not have ads. Cobalt solution has been used by lots of people and is a trusted solution. It's fine if you prefer something else. I haven't found a virtual keyboard I like better than the BlackBerry keyboard.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Interesting, I had an iPhone and I thought the keyboard was mediocre at best. I'm trying SwiftKey again on my Tab S2, and thinking about trying it on my Note 8.

joeyjay

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Cobalt's BlackBerry apps work very well. After trying his, I subscribed to the official Hub+ Suite in the Play Store. Use the link above to install the BlackBerry keyboard using Cobalt's BlackBerry Manager . It works great with the official apps.

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Unless it's the official blackberry hub software, avoid it. It requires install from unknown sources permissions. These days you can never be too careful. I tried to use it on my Honor 6x and I don't remember it being a very good keyboard at all. I think it may also have had ads.

Wow, so untrue re the cobalt BlackBerry manager!

Can't speak about your personal experience but you are way out of line saying it's an unknown source.

The cobalt thread has been running since 2015 in crackberry, and cobalt is highly respected.

And I'm going to say check your facts before you talk about 'ads'.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
an't speak about your personal experience but you are way out of line saying it's an unknown source.

He's talking about the fact that you have to toggle the "Unknown source" switch in order to perform the install - which is true. However, I trust these apps more than I trust some things in the actual Play Store. I do understand how that might make some people nervous though - if you are not familiar with Cobalt's history.

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
He's talking about the fact that you have to toggle the "Unknown source" switch in order to perform the install - which is true. However, I trust these apps more than I trust some things in the actual Play Store. I do understand how that might make some people nervous though - if you are not familiar with Cobalt's history.

I inferred from the post that he considers cobalt's stuff as unknown source because he didn't do his homework and read through the thread, or post questions in the thread.

Because something doesn't go through Google's playstore doesn't make it bad, or else all of us who download from the galaxy store could consider it as an unknown source, lol.

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
I inferred from the post that he considers cobalt's stuff as unknown source because he didn't do his homework and read through the thread, or post questions in the thread.

Because something doesn't go through Google's playstore doesn't make it bad, or else all of us who download from the galaxy store could consider it as an unknown source, lol.

No, I specifically said that you had to toggle the unknown sources option in settings, which us the most common way phones have malware or malicious things installed. I also said it had been a while, and I wasn't sure but I *think* it had ads. I made it clear I wasn't sure, but I was mostly concerned about allowing unknown permissions to install via APK.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying this and would be interested in it, but I don't see where I can resize the keyboard to the right or left side of the screen. That's a deal breaker for me, which sucks. Looked promising

Josh Grevous

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
The BlackBerry keyboard is the only keyboard I have ever needed on my past LG V10 and V20, and currently in full flow on my Note 8. Tbf, it's the only virtual keyboard I really did adapt to coming from the BlackBerry Z10 and Z30. I have tried other keyboards, namely: stock LG keyboard, Swiftkey, Google keyboard and the Samsung offering, but they don't feel quite as good.

I'm a sucker for the gestures which have become second nature / muscle memory. Swipe up on predicted word to select it; swipe down to switch between letters, numbers and symbols; quick swipe from right to left deletes last typed word or character; swipe from far right to bit left to show numbers and special characters; swipe from far left to bit right to show quick replies (which can be personalized via the edit feature); long press to on capitalization tab to transform the alphabet to upper-case thus making typing in all caps a breeze, and a quick tap of same tab to go back to lower-case. Quick tapping the tab will capitalize first letter typed, or simply long-press on a letter to do same. What's not to love? There are other core features which can be accessed via Language and Input settings.

As stated earlier, Cobalt is a very reputable guy who has been known in the BlackBerry realm for quite some time. He is no johnny-come-lately. Yeah, you'll be prompted by Lookout or other mobile security solutions that run on its platform, but I simply apply the ignore feature. No issues or concerns two years after.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Gave the Blackberry Keyboard a little try last night to see what the fuss was about. Deleted it after 5 min as it felt much like my whole experience with Blackberry phones in the past. Hated it

rdubmu

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
No, I specifically said that you had to toggle the unknown sources option in settings, which us the most common way phones have malware or malicious things installed. I also said it had been a while, and I wasn't sure but I *think* it had ads. I made it clear I wasn't sure, but I was mostly concerned about allowing unknown permissions to install via APK.

If you were not sure why did you comment? You just spreading mis information. There is also an option to allow only this download then the toggle for unknown sources turns off automatically.

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site

But you got it wrong re cobalt's stuff ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888