Who has 2 or more phones they go between?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Note 8 is my only phone at the moment. However last night I saw a sale on Tmobile for a certified used Lg V20 for just $280 so I ordered it, expecting it to deliver tomorrow. I thoght it would be a good idea to have a 2nd phone again and to occasionally give my Note 8 a little break :)

smcd7741650

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
Note 8 is my only phone at the moment. However last night I saw a sale on Tmobile for a certified used Lg V20 for just $280 so I ordered it, expecting it to deliver tomorrow. I thoght it would be a good idea to have a 2nd phone again and to occasionally give my Note 8 a little break :)
I traded in an LG V20 when I bought my note 8. That's a great price for a very good phone. You'll like the double camera. The 32 bit quad DAC sound is the best I've heard on a phone. The 2nd screen on top for notifications is very useful, and I truely miss the IR blaster and I wish the note series still had that feature.

I think that you'll miss the S-pen. Overall, I think you've made a good choice for a part-time phone.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I used to always keep a decent one as backup but the Note 8 was so great I got rid of everything else, few days later it started acting up and had to go in for a warranty repair, not wanting to wait 10/12 days... I now have 2 Note 8, I will forever have two top end devices now, when note 9 comes out I'll sell one of the 8 to subsidise the price... etc.... etc...

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site

Do you use two different sim cards, or just swap between?

If you swap, how do you handle all the transfer stuff? (And don't forget samsung is just about to kill off storage for third party apps)

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I used to always keep a decent one as backup but the Note 8 was so great I got rid of everything else, few days later it started acting up and had to go in for a warranty repair, not wanting to wait 10/12 days... I now have 2 Note 8, I will forever have two top end devices now, when note 9 comes out I'll sell one of the 8 to subsidise the price... etc.... etc...
Note 8 is definitely my daily main phone. I like giving it a break now and then. Plus for the price on the V20 good backup

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Do you use two different sim cards, or just swap between?

If you swap, how do you handle all the transfer stuff? (And don't forget samsung is just about to kill off storage for third party apps)
I'm on Tmobile and plan to swap the sim. When I get the phone tomorrow I'll set it up lile I have the Note 8. Sometimes I may just go with the Tmobile Digits and not switch Sims, but most of the time I'll probably switch.

Still have my S3 watch so samsung pay alwayd available to me.

I backup my stuff with Google and use Google photos cloud for all my photo storage.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't. I want to have another phone since I'm a phone nerd but I just can't stand to spend money on two different phones.

If anything I would have an iPhone to get the best of all worlds. Having two Android's would be redundant to me.

anon(10212606)

Apr 9, 2017
Visit site
My Note8 is my main phone, but my trusty Note4 is my ingress phone. Much safer to use that than wandering around outside playing ingress. Must say the Note4 is still a perfectly usable phone.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I used 3 PHONES daily...my daily driver is Note 8 2nd phone G6 and 3rd iPhone 6s...but iPhone
I only use for certain apps personal phone note 8 and work phone G6...
I have never used V20 but if I find one cheap price will buy and keep it as a spare phone...I still have Nokia 808 and Lumia 1020

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Right now.. switching between Note 8 Pixel 2 XL and iPhone 8 plus....

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I keep my Note 3 as a secondary phone now. The wife took my old Note 4 and gave me her Note 3 complete with cracked screen:)
I use it for screen casting etc, keeping my Note 8 clean in the meantime lol.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I keep my Note 3 as a secondary phone now. The wife took my old Note 4 and gave me her Note 3 complete with cracked screen:)
I use it for screen casting etc, keeping my Note 8 clean in the meantime lol.

stick the Phronesis N7 ROM on that note 3 along with Nova Prime Launcher

Slicc98

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I go between 3 phones...and now 4.

Note 8 is daily + Gear S3
Custom iPhone 6s 128 + Apple Watch
LG V20 + LG Watch Urbane 2 LTE

And I bought a HTC M9+ for nostalgia. I miss their build quality.

Note 8 because everything is better.
iPhone for imessage or if I don't have much to do on my phone.
LG V20 is my TRAVEL phone. Listen to music with those sexy DACs while offline on a plane.

I use the same SIM for all of them, and switch my 256gb Micro SD to have music and Emulators wherever I go. Never know if you want to bust open some Faxanadu!

T-Mobile for service.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I had the Lg G6 very briefly - only got it specifically to get JOD to get into the Note 8 which I did. Gave my son my previous main phone S8+ once the Note 8 came in and I got past the initial "burning up Note 7 flashback" concern.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I have two lines. one for Android one for iPhone. One sim always stays in my iPhone X, and on Android I switch between Note 8 and Pixel XL2. Android is the main line though.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

That's a good deal. I got my LG v20 back when I had to give up the note7. It's a good phone. I play with it every now and then. But I'm just to of a note person to stick with it long. I did have the iPhone 7 plus but traded it in to Verizon when I got my blue note8. Still had $445 left to pay off on it but it was credit when I sent them the phone. Sorry I'm rambling lol. Didn't need to put all that haha. But anyways v20 is good phone. Especially at that price.

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I came from an iPhone 7+ that I still have in my desk drawer but I haven't used it since activating my Note 8.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Lol thanks Jewels. I think it's a good 2nd phone. Note 8 is great and definitely the main phone. I had the V20 previous to owning the Note 8 - went through an ugly "can't make up my mind" issue with phones during the NOte 7 debacle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs