Hello all and thanks in advance for any help. I really liked Samsung Pay and used it a lot when I got my phone. Then one day about a month ago it just stopped working. No errors just won't connect to any place that it worked previously. It vibrates like it is going to connect like it always did be before but just won't do it. I have even factory reset and still the same problem. Does anyone have any ideas what may be wrong? Samsung has been no help so far.
    01-21-2018 05:35 PM
    If the phone has been reset (or if the app has been uninstalled/re-installed) and it's still not working, I'd probably take it to a repair center and have them check that the MST circuitry is working appropriately. Does it work with NFC terminals? Have you tried removing and re-adding a card (or adding a new card) and seeing if that works?
    mary beth hale likes this.
    01-21-2018 07:04 PM
    Hello all and thanks in advance for any help. I really liked Samsung Pay and used it a lot when I got my phone. Then one day about a month ago it just stopped working. No errors just won't connect to any place that it worked previously. It vibrates like it is going to connect like it always did be before but just won't do it. I have even factory reset and still the same problem. Does anyone have any ideas what may be wrong? Samsung has been no help so far.
    When my wireless charging stopped working, my Samsung pay MST/NFC stopped working also. It wouldn't work exactly as you described. I just got a next day replacement through Verizon and all is well now. I would bet it's a hardware issue and needs to be replaced..
    01-21-2018 08:11 PM
    You may be right. I just tried my wireless charger and it would not charge. Bought from Best buy in November on Sprint. Who do I go to fix or replace? No insurance on it.
    01-21-2018 08:53 PM
    Best Buy should do a warranty replacement. It's less than a year old.
    01-21-2018 10:15 PM
    Have you also checked to . Ake sure the app is updated? I've had my phone since Sept 7 and have had a few Samsung Pay updates that I'm aware of. Mine works flawlessly for the most part
    01-22-2018 04:39 AM
    You may be right. I just tried my wireless charger and it would not charge. Bought from Best buy in November on Sprint. Who do I go to fix or replace? No insurance on it.
    Yeah if your wireless charging won't work than you definitely need to get it replaced. I've been through two N8's cause of that hardware problem.
    01-22-2018 09:33 AM
    Best Buy won't help. Samsung is telling me I have to ship it off for repair and it will take 11 days. Is that right? Phone is 2 months old.
    01-22-2018 12:42 PM
    Best Buy won't help. Samsung is telling me I have to ship it off for repair and it will take 11 days. Is that right? Phone is 2 months old.
    Unfortunately that is correct. BestBuy only offers exchanges within a certain period of time depending on your MyBestBuy status, but warranty is only offered by Samsung.

Since they need to examine the phone and repair if under warranty, yeah, 11 days sound about right unless you have a repair center nearby and don't have to ship it out.
    01-22-2018 12:46 PM