Samsung Note 8 keeps crashing

Jezahb

Jan 22, 2018
Visit site
Me and my boyfriend both purchased a Samsung Note 8 in September, however I've been having a major problem with mine. It has been having an issue where it crashes while the screen is locked and I cannot get it to turn back on without holding down the power and volume down button so it goes into boot mode, and selecting restart normally. It started doing this a couple months ago however it was infrequent, lately it has been doing it almost daily and this morning it caused me to miss an important event as it crashed over night so my alarm didn't go off. I am planning on bringing it back to Verizon ASAP, but was wondering if anybody else has experienced this?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
similar thing happened to mine probably four times since I got it Sept 7. I wiped the cache in boot mode, and that seems to help. It's been several weeks since the last time it did it. Sounds like you definitely should try and do that first, to see if it helps. However if mine was doing that daily I too would probably go into the carrier I got it from.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
You already tried factory reset and wipe cache partition?

I'm sure there were problems and complaints after some carrier updates, making a clean install all the more important.