Newer OTAO glass protector works better

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I dropped my phone with the OTAO glass protector on it. Prtoector cracked, phone didn't. Whew! I was pretty satisfied with it. When I contacted OTAO, they said they had a newer version and let me have that as a replacement. It is actually a bit better than the original in that it seemed to stick down a bit better during installation. In the end, it is working equally as well. I am perfectly satisfied.

I know these things are a PIA to find so I realized it might be helpful if I posted.

OTAO Galaxy Note 8 Tempered Glass Screen Protector

Last edited:

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I dropped my phone with the OTAO glass protector on it. Prtoector cracked, phone didn't. Whew! I was pretty satisfied with it. When I contacted OTAO, they said they had a newer version and let me have that as a replacement. It is actually a bit better than the original in that it seemed to stick down a bit better during installation. In the end, it is working equally as well. I am perfectly satisfied.

I know these things are a PIA to find so I realized it might be helpful if I posted.

OTAO Galaxy Note 8 Tempered Glass Screen Protector
Glad you found a good one that has already proven itself

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I bought this new one and am going to have to ask for another one, I took it off in a day because the screen sensitivy turned horrid. I put my case on a couple minutes after the TGSP, so maybe I will give it a few hours next time, if maybe it lifted the TGSP at all or anything (case is a Spigen Tough Armor.) If that one doesn't work, then I am on to a Zagg Glass Curve Elite.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I bought this new one and am going to have to ask for another one, I took it off in a day because the screen sensitivy turned horrid. I put my case on a couple minutes after the TGSP, so maybe I will give it a few hours next time, if maybe it lifted the TGSP at all or anything (case is a Spigen Tough Armor.) If that one doesn't work, then I am on to a Zagg Glass Curve Elite.

I don't think this is the kind of screen protector that you have to wait hours for it to stick better. I do know that you have to really be sure to press all the sides down multiple times. I do it for like 3 minutes. Probably more than you need to. I think it might be possible for a case to affect this type of protector though. I use very minimal cases.

Raydee

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
What I have found is that when you lose screen sensitivity it is because during installation the edges of the screen stuck down and the center is raised a bit. What I do is I use a suction cup right in the middle of the screen during install. I make sure I push on the center using the suction cup with good pressure and then go around the outside of the glass where the glue is to make sure it adhere's good on the edges. The only negative to doing it this way is sometimes you can get a bit of a rainbow effect on the screen where the two pieces of glass are touching. When the screen is on you can't see it so it doesn't bother me.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
What I have found is that when you lose screen sensitivity it is because during installation the edges of the screen stuck down and the center is raised a bit. What I do is I use a suction cup right in the middle of the screen during install. I make sure I push on the center using the suction cup with good pressure and then go around the outside of the glass where the glue is to make sure it adhere's good on the edges. The only negative to doing it this way is sometimes you can get a bit of a rainbow effect on the screen where the two pieces of glass are touching. When the screen is on you can't see it so it doesn't bother me.

I just use my thumb. I haven't experienced any rainbow effect.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Saved again. I swear I have not dropped phones until this Note 8. This is the third time, second screen protector. The actual screen came out of this fine. Protector took the hit. It did pop off as it came to a rest. Replaced with same. I am believer.

FYI - I use minimalist cases.

be1K1IN.jpg

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Saved again. I swear I have not dropped phones until this Note 8. This is the third time, second screen protector. The actual screen came out of this fine. Protector took the hit. It did pop off as it came to a rest. Replaced with same. I am believer.

FYI - I use minimalist cases.

https://i.imgur.com/be1K1IN.jpg

Wow. Close call. I've been sold on Otao. Reasonably priced. Had to replace once. Phone fell and hit edge. No phone damage. $11 (for the S8 Plus) worth every penny (for me) . Plus no clicking or sensitivity issues.