Story sharing option

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I've never really used this option in the camera app on my note8 but I was goofing around in settings menu and got notice that this service will end soon. Wonder why? Does anyone here use it and is it much different than sending a pic or video thru text? I'm just curious and thought I would post a screen shot of service end date for people that do use it and don't know.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180129-161359.jpg
    Screenshot_20180129-161359.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 30

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, Samsung has been killing off a few 'not-so-popular' cloud features, and that was one of the ones that bit the dust (Got that e-mail a few weeks ago; same with App Settings back ups and some Secure Folder data back up). I personally never used it, but I do know an Ambassador here that did use the feature.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, Samsung has been killing off a few 'not-so-popular' cloud features, and that was one of the ones that bit the dust (Got that e-mail a few weeks ago; same with App Settings back ups and some Secure Folder data back up). I personally never used it, but I do know an Ambassador here that did use the feature.

Thanks for replying. Yeah I notice the gallery app keep making stories which I don't mind but guess I won't miss the story sharing option since I've never used it lol. Guess I better move the stories that have been created over to somewhere else lol.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Google Photos FTW.

The reason Samsung's Cloud service never won me over is that for some ludicrous reason they don't have a way to actually view the contents online. So while you can backup your pictures there and restore to another device...there's no way to just browse through your pictures and data. Lame.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Google Photos FTW.

The reason Samsung's Cloud service never won me over is that for some ludicrous reason they don't have a way to actually view the contents online. So while you can backup your pictures there and restore to another device...there's no way to just browse through your pictures and data. Lame.

Sadly I can't even try Samsung cloud since Verizon won't allow it. I already got the pics backed up in the stories anyway to drive so shouldn't have to worry about it. And wow I definitely wouldn't want to backup something I can't view. So guess I'm not missing much.