Is The Note Too Big For Active Lifestyle/Outdoor Activities?

olghb

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Is The Note To Be Too Big For Active Lifestyle/Outdoor Activities?

I've never been hiking or camping but, my Note 8 is never too big for anything! I like ther way it fits in my pocket the way it feels in my hand! It's a part of me and I a part of it!
d5ed25f29419f7e9e0094951d06245cc.jpg

rogeratm

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site

I've had the Note8 since it was released and absolutely love my Note8. I generally carry it in a front pants pocket without any issues except when I'm in the car, buckled up. I gladly put up with that small inconvenience to have the S-Pen and the larger screen.

DsM

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

I like the Note 8 but I'm sedendary. I personally believe it a wee bit big for an active lifestyle. I fear I'm in the minority.

Spencurious

Nov 27, 2017
Visit site

I run and cycle, and find that weight is more of an issue than size. My last phone was smaller than the N8, but heavier. The N8 is pretty light for a full sized phone.

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

I run and cycle, and find that weight is more of an issue than size. My last phone was smaller than the N8, but heavier. The N8 is pretty light for a full sized phone.

That's true. Weight was another concern of mine. Since the s9/s9+ is so close to being announced, I will probably wait to see what they offer, but will likely get another note 8. I can't imagine the s9/s9+ will offer enough new features to justify the big price hike.

russ716

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I'm very confused by this post. The main reason anyone buy's a Note is because, well first, it's always the best phone on the market when it launches, the incredible S-Pen, and of course THE SCREEN SIZE. If you have little girl hands, or wear those dumb skinny jeans, than yeah maybe you should buy a useless iPhone. It's so annoying when Note owners say the phone feels to big... REALLY!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
It is a big phone and feels a tad heavy, but I LOVE it. I have no issues with it when I go riding- use a very sturdy phone mount on handlebar. When hiking I usually carry it or have in coat pocket. When it's warm out I have a belt clip style holder it goes in. (Can't remember where that is.. been cold so it's probably buried in the car lol).

I walk two huskies and always have the phone with me during their walks and hikes too-no issues.

I don't wear skinny jeans I wear comfortable pants - the phone will fit in back pocket of the jeans but rarely stays there long. Also carries well in a hoodie pouch

cajun456

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
This is the reason I kept my regular S8 when I got the Note 8. Well I am 99% sure that I can use my Note 8 anywhere I go, there are times when I am more comfortable with my regular S8.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
With the proper holder the note 8 is fine outdoors or indoors. Size is only a factor of you like using a device one handed and holding it in your pocket. I am a contractor and have always carried my devices on my side with a pouch or holster which works great.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
How do you use that mount on a bike?

In the car, I put the phone in the cup holder.
Oh sorry. That mount is in the car - on windshield.

For the bicycle, I have this one. I'd like one that I can use with any case but this one holds up well - I just need to use one of my slimmer cases when attached.
2e7809033556dd7a4156f1025acb7db4.jpg

bkrell

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
I've had the Note 8, the iPhone 6 Plus, and the Galaxy S4 and S7 Actives. When I first got the S4 Active, it was a pain b/c I was coming from an iPhone 4S. It was a much bigger phone. I upgraded from it to the iPhone 6 Plus and most of the larger running belts I bought for the S4 Active worked. I did by a few more belts with bigger pouches. The Note 8 fits in all but one of my running belts and has not been annoying at all. My favorite belt is the SPI Belt with the XL pouch.

The S7 Active was actually the worst to run with because it's not HUGE but it's heavy for its size, thanks to the battery. Also, the physical keys, which I thought I'd never live without, had a way of being activated and unlocking the phone during exercise, no matter that I had all the safeguards against accidental button pushes activated. I once went for a long run and took my Active out to find I had FB messaged about 20 of my contacts a random video of a guy drinking a tropical drink at a beach bar that I have NO IDEA where it came from.

And I would add, my Note 8 IS in the Otterbox Defender case. I don't find it bulky at all. Can you tell the Active 7 scarred me?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith