Auto turn off WiFi when I leave home.

CraesheTurbo

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, have a note 8, so I was wanting some advice. I leave GPS on all day long, need it for work.

I want an app that will auto turn off/on WiFi when I leave or enter selected GPS coordinates essentially.

When I leave my home WiFi network, I use the phone internet until I get back home, but want an to turn the wifi antenna off and on when I get there.

Any suggestions?

Lots of apps in the play store, was seeing if y'all had direct advice.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
May be create a Bixby command like "leaving home" and set to turn off WiFi when you leave home or just say "Bixby leaving home" and it will do it.

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, have a note 8, so I was wanting some advice. I leave GPS on all day long, need it for work.

I want an app that will auto turn off/on WiFi when I leave or enter selected GPS coordinates essentially.

When I leave my home WiFi network, I use the phone internet until I get back home, but want an to turn the wifi antenna off and on when I get there.

Any suggestions?

Lots of apps in the play store, was seeing if y'all had direct advice.
Install and use IFTTT (If This Then That). Create two objects - one that is called when you enter an area, and one called when you leave that area. First pick IF, and that would be LOCATION, then "When I enter an area", then pick THAT, which you would select as "Android" and then "Turn WiFi On" (or Off if you selected "When I leave an area."). Let me know what you think... I use it for turning on and off WiFi when arriving or leaving areas that have it, for turning my phone volume down and vibrate on when I get to work, then turning the volume back up when I leave work, etc.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
May be create a Bixby command like "leaving home" and set to turn off WiFi when you leave home or just say "Bixby leaving home" and it will do it.
Bix can use one command, leaving home, to turn down smart thermostat, enable settings, set airplane mode, sent sms to someone (know when you arrive).... Seem only limit is imagination. Bixby 2.0 will drop soon part of Oreo - I think.

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Bix can use one command, leaving home, to turn down smart thermostat, enable settings, set airplane mode, sent sms to someone (know when you arrive).... Seem only limit is imagination. Bixby 2.0 will drop soon part of Oreo - I think.
Yes but you have to tell it... IFTTT with location does it in the background with no human interaction needed.

jkarwow

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Wi-Fi Power Saver from the play store will turn off but turning back on is a manual process.

Last edited:

ERH16

Feb 22, 2018
Visit site

Any suggestions?

Not an app nor automatic, but how about programming an NFC tag to toggle wireless on / off?

ajw6381

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I have an unlocked note 8 SM-N950U1. My phone turns off automatically when I'm not home and turns it back on when I get home. I have aggressive switching turned on, I think that is all that is needed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180222-110528.jpg
    Screenshot_20180222-110528.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 82

king

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I rely on my "I'm leaving" Bixby quick command to turn it off as well as quite a few other commands I want changed while I'm away from home. When I get home I tell Bixby "I'm home" and my settings change back to desired settings.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
How is IFTTT monetized? I don't want to be infested with ads. In order to turn wifi on and off by location it must always run in the background. Doesn't this mitigate any power savings gained by turning off wifi?

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Just install AutomatIT. It will do this and much more. I have it turn off wifi when my phone connects to my car's bluetooth and back on again when it disconnects. It can also do geo fencing as you requested.

It can also speak alarms. For example, if I leave the den window open after 9pm I have Smartthings send a message and AutomatIT intercepts the message and says out loud, "The den window is open, close it before you go to bed."

Check here... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=AutomateIt.mainPackage

7h3d34f0n3

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
How is IFTTT monetized? I don't want to be infested with ads. In order to turn wifi on and off by location it must always run in the background. Doesn't this mitigate any power savings gained by turning off wifi?

I use IFTTT for switching on/off wifi. I do not see any ads with this app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49