Secure Folder

zebra23

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I noticed recently that in Samsung gallery, there is no longer an option to move pictures, etc to the secure folder. I have to move files from inside the secure folder. Is there a setting that I accidentally changed?

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed that there is an update to the Secure Folder app. I haven't installed it yet. By any chance did you?

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah maybe check the Galaxy App store to make sure you have all the latest updates. I still have the option from my Gallery to move to Secure folder.

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I noticed recently that in Samsung gallery, there is no longer an option to move pictures, etc to the secure folder. I have to move files from inside the secure folder. Is there a setting that I accidentally changed?

I still have the option. There was an update yesterday to the gallery app. Check to make sure you're app is up to date

Attachments

• 20180131_083558.jpg
    20180131_083558.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 84

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I was more concerned that the Secure Folder update might have a bug. I still have the option, and I did install the recent Gallery update, but not the Secure Folder update. Have any of you guys installed that?

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had the option since the last secure folder update.
Curious, can you move anything to Secure Folder from My Files? That might be a workaround if it's only a Gallery issue (tho I def don't trust the recent Secure Folder update, especially since that's how long you haven't had the option).

I wonder if they broke (intentional or not) something when they recently removed the ability to backup Secure Folder app data...?

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Curious, can you move anything to Secure Folder from My Files? That might be a workaround if it's only a Gallery issue (tho I def don't trust the recent Secure Folder update, especially since that's how long you haven't had the option).

I wonder if they broke (intentional or not) something when they recently removed the ability to backup Secure Folder app data...?

No I can't.
It seems this is just a feature they have chosen to remove. It isn't difficult to do it via secure folder though.
Also, not taking the updates may not help.
I ignored the update to Samsung internet for roughly 12 weeks, then it updated on its own.

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Latest updates here & still have the option
9472812a31d25079a3c6981ecb00822a.jpg

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Have you updated the gallery?
I believe when the gallery changed to hide/unhide albums, I lost the option to move pics to secure folder.

Curious too, because I updated Gallery but not Secure Folder. I have the Hide/Unhide option in Gallery, both in and out of Secure Folder. And I still have the move to Secure Folder.

Do you guys still have the "Move out of Secure Folder" option?

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Curious too, because I updated Gallery but not Secure Folder. I have the Hide/Unhide option in Gallery, both in and out of Secure Folder. And I still have the move to Secure Folder.

Do you guys still have the "Move out of Secure Folder" option?

I do have the option to move out of secure folder.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Mine was definitely not hidden, but I just hid it, then set it back to show, and now the option to move to secure folder is back.