Plz Share your best and favorite Tasker profiles

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a love/hate relationship with Tasker. I purchased it about 7 years ago. I install it, do some things and then get frustrated in its clunky interface and some of its limitations. Then I uninstall it. That cycle has repeated itself about 7 times now. I'm currently in the "uninstalled" phase and rely on AutomatIt instead of Tasker.

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I've had tasker for years and have had a variety of actions and profiles, complex and simple but still fall back on a few core ones.

Profile: Work Times: Action to only enable the profile At Work Monday to Friday 08:00-19:00 to avoid checking when not needed
Profile: At Work: Checks for connection to the office Wifi to trigger action Vibrate Mode to put the phone on silent while at work

I also have a Pebble watch with the Glance app that contains a tasker screen.
The light goes regularly in my stair and my phone is in my shirt pocket so with both hands full of shopping I can use the watch tro turn the torch on. Also press a button to make the phone play a tone so I can find it if misplaced.
The last button speaks pre-defined text. The last time I used it some annoying kids were attempting to sing at the back of the bus just behind me. I edited the text, waited a while then pressed the button on the watch while innocently reading.
There was an announcement "Emergency! Calling the RSPCA. Cat strangulation detected."

With the phone in the top pocket I am annoyed that the screen turns on when answering or hanging up on a call that I answer via my bluetooth headset as proximity to skin through the shirt can keep the screen on and drain the battery. On the Note4 it could wipe out all my homescreen icons and input random calendar entries but the Note8 has accidental press protection that seems to mitigate this.
I use tasker to ensure the screen gets switched off on answering or hanging up on a call.

Last edited:

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I've also Just added 2 new ones.
Note Buddy plays through the Notification channel by default and only has an option to change to the Media channel.

I have my phone on silent in the office with bluetooth headphones connected so it would never be heard.

I have created the following:
Profiles for attached and detached leading to tasks running attached and detached sounds: State->Plugin->Note Buddy
On profile settings Restore and Show In Notification are unticked.
Restore could be handy as an indicator in the notification pulldown that you have your pen however.

Problem being that my alarm volume is max and so rediculously annoying.

The final task was as folllows for pen detached:

Audio->Alarm Volume->4 (25%ish)
Media->Play Ringtone->Lightsaber on sound (for finding it in Note Buddy it was added to Notification location) Stream: Alarm
Task->Wait->3s (there is no option to wait until riingtone has finished before continuing so vol would automatically be ramped back up without this)
Audio->Alarm Volume->15 (Full)

I always wanted to post this separately as it indicated a needed delay in ramping volume back up instantly after playing and that length of played sound should be taken into account.

I could also get current alarm volume as a variable and restore it afterwards but always have my alarms at max volume and ran into propblems with insertion and removal while the wait was still running.