Zagg NEW Curve Elite Protector

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Zagg just released the InvisibleShield Glass Curve Elite for the Note 8. It's a FULL screen adhesive unlike the previous one which collects dust and debris under the protector after time! You can get a FREE replacement as well if you have the Origial Shield minus the shipping charges. When you do the replacement just select the Elite option.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...rve-elite-samsung-galaxy-note8&token=6f6gvTrZ

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, I love my original Zagg... have had it since the Note 8 was new. The edges that DarkSorrow speaks of, collecting dust, are hidden under the edges of my case so I am lucky I guess. This new unit adds a new underlayment protective cushion that bonds to and helps further protect the screen, a new smudge resistant finish (which I for one would love) and supposedly better touch sensitivity (although, I never noticed a lack of that from the day I bought it 'til the girl put the protector on) so that's my two cents!

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
It won't accept my credit card to complete my replacement order. Tired of over priced garbage anyways. Getting a whitestone.

truefan03

Jun 5, 2017
Visit site
Got the zagg for my note 8 today. Touch is good in some spots but in others it takes a hard press to register. The rep at t-mobile installed it and it looked clean, but I may have to reapply it.

If it's still unresponsive after that I'm going to have to take it off.

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
I have it and it doesn't have any touch issues. It's like it not even there

I know that. I was responding to a sarcastic comment made in rwply to something i said about the high price of Zagg products that invariably don't work well. At least until now.

bigredgonzo

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine installed about 2 weeks now and touch is perfect across the entire screen. The look of the screen is also better (IMO). I think the gel layer helps with that. Thus far no dust invasions under the corners. I have installed dozens of Zaggs and the glass protectors have always been very easy to install, this one goes back to the old Zagg film days from and installation standpoint. Slow and steady is the trick. Highly recommend. It is pricy, but most of the decent ones are. I you are already sporting a Zagg, the Elite is available as an warranty replacement offer.

BigRedGonzo

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I've had mine for a few days. So far, I have no complaints. I'm glad I had Verizon install it for me. I would probably not had the patience to get all the bubbles out. It took him awhile. BTW, since it was a warranty replacement for the old Zagg I had bought from them, there was no charge for the installation.

bigredgonzo

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I installed my own and it certainly wasn't difficult, but it was tedious. It comes with a tray to "aim" the protector and if you go slowly (and back up a lot) getting the bubbles out just takes a while. In the old days, you could leave a small bubble or two under the protector and they would work themselves out in a day or two, but I'm not sure that is the case with a glass protector with a fairly thick layer of goo between it and the glass. I tried the suggested method and it wasn't working for me, so I left one corner stuck down and worked away from it until I got all the other bubbles out then I peeled back that corner and ran them out from under it. It probably took 20 minutes or so to get it the way I wanted it, but now that I have used it for a couple of weeks, I'm glad I did.

BigRedGonzo

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I installed my own and it certainly wasn't difficult, but it was tedious. It comes with a tray to "aim" the protector and if you go slowly (and back up a lot) getting the bubbles out just takes a while. In the old days, you could leave a small bubble or two under the protector and they would work themselves out in a day or two, but I'm not sure that is the case with a glass protector with a fairly thick layer of goo between it and the glass. I tried the suggested method and it wasn't working for me, so I left one corner stuck down and worked away from it until I got all the other bubbles out then I peeled back that corner and ran them out from under it. It probably took 20 minutes or so to get it the way I wanted it, but now that I have used it for a couple of weeks, I'm glad I did.

BigRedGonzo

I watched the guy at Verizon install mine. He secured the center of the screen and worked most of the bubbles towards the top and bottom of the screen, before working on the edges.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Got the zagg for my note 8 today. Touch is good in some spots but in others it takes a hard press to register. The rep at t-mobile installed it and it looked clean, but I may have to reapply it.

If it's still unresponsive after that I'm going to have to take it off.

I would doubt that you have the new Zagg Curve Elite. They only started shipping these on Jan 17th. Verizon doesn't have them yet. So check to see which one you had installed. Check with T mobile, if you didn't save the box. In any case, register your protector on the Zagg website. Then, you can call Zagg and explain that you are having a sensitivity problem with your protector. They will send you the Curve Elite and probably not even charge you for shipping, since your protector is brand new.

BTW, beware that the reviews on this new model, will for a while, be mixed in with reviews for the old model. Even on the Zagg website, there are some bad reviews for the Curve Elite that were dated before they began shipping any Curve Elites.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
yeah full glue tempered glass is awesome...I had it for about 2 months on my Note 8...but recently my wife dropped my phone and tempered glass cracked....so I removed it...now I have naked screen...truely loving the bare feel...As Ian covered with free 1 time screen replacement from Samsung I have zero worries....Iam in India...I got full glue tempered glass for 20$