Whats the best Galaxy Note 8 case for ultimate drop protection up till now? February 2018

AndroidLoverXO

Oct 23, 2017
Visit site
I bought this phone on November 15th, 2017 and I still havent bought a case, I have been using the Free Transperant Case provided by Samsung and using the Spigen Neo Flex as Screen Protector.

I have been taking very much care of the phone for the last 3 months, Thank God I have no scratches on the phone, but I always have a fear of it getting dropped or scratched.

Anyways I can spend up to £100 to buy cases and screen protectors for the Galaxy Note 8.

I have a few in mind that are pretty awesome as per the reviews, and I cant decide which to buy between the Otterbox Defender, Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro, Tech21 Evo Wallet, or any others.

All I want is complete protection of my phone for the next few years I use it, as the Galaxy Note8 seems fragile.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I have used iBlasson cases for all my Note phones and they have never failed me. The Unicorn Beetle Pro is what I ran on my Note 7, my Galaxy S7 Active and am currently running on my Note 8. I just don't use the holster that comes with it or their screen protector. I just gently and carefully pop it off and keep the frame then install a tempered glass screen protector. Here's the link to iBlasson: Amazon carries it also. TOUGH AS HELL! BTW, iBlasson and Supcase are the same company!

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ro-full-body-holster-case.html&token=WpOB_BlP

Last edited:

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
May not be perfect but of 4 cases, this is a fav.

Galaxy Note 8 Case Patchworks [Level Series] Level ITG in White - Military Grade Certified Drop Protection, Impact Disperse Technology System.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075258BFF/?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6158980

I had never heard of patchworks until I saw a review. I bought 2 level series, red and white, and they are amazing! They are my favorite cases.i have spigen neo hybrid, 2 patchworks, otterbox commuter, and several others I can't remember right now, but I love the patchworks cases.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I would say the Otterbox Defender, and its generics you can get for cheaper are the best right now. They don't make a lot of super heavy duty cases for the Note like they do for the iPhone. The I Blason magma looks pretty rugged but I hear the screen protector is bad on it. Otherwise I'd get one maybe.

The tech 21 evo check just doens't look very thick and would provide as much protection.

AndroidLoverXO

Oct 23, 2017
Visit site
I would say the Otterbox Defender, and its generics you can get for cheaper are the best right now. They don't make a lot of super heavy duty cases for the Note like they do for the iPhone. The I Blason magma looks pretty rugged but I hear the screen protector is bad on it. Otherwise I'd get one maybe.

The tech 21 evo check just doens't look very thick and would provide as much protection.

I love the OtterBox Defender too, what the best screen protector I can get for it?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the Rhinoshield crash guard bumper case which offers 3m drop protection and is pretty low bulk, being a bumper case.

Kendahl Titcomb

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Check out Zizo Bolt cases. They are fantastic and have amazing protection with little cost. I have dropped mine several times.. Even broke one by accident and they sent me a new one.. Seriously beast company out there.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
You are going to get a ton of replies on this. It's largely an individual preference thing.

For me, I have quite a few cases. My Defender and my Uag Monarch have proven to provide great drop protection. Most recently, the Defender kept my phone completely unscathed when I accidentally dropped it down our stairs - though they were carpeting, it bounced several times pretty good and landed at the bottom.

With the Monarch, one of the times I dropped it from just above waist high onto a hard floor at a Sams Club - it fell, bounced off a beam in front of a refrigerated section, onto the hard floor below it. No damage.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
The I Blason magma looks pretty rugged but I hear the screen protector is bad on it. Otherwise I'd get one maybe
The i-Blason Magma and their UB Pro aren't a whole lot different - both very strong and both screen protectors (kind of) suk! That's why I said I popped the the clear plastic out of the frame and just kept frame (needed) and used a Zagg tempered glass screen protector. Love my UB Pro... have had several drops (one major) with no (knock, knock, knock) issues!

Hey, and did ever I say "Thank you for David Backes?" He's been a God-send here in Boston! :)

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
The i-Blason Magma and their UB Pro aren't a whole lot different - both very strong and both screen protectors (kind of) suk! That's why I said I popped the the clear plastic out of the frame and just kept frame (needed) and used a Zagg tempered glass screen protector. Love my UB Pro... have had several drops (one major) with no (knock, knock, knock) issues!

Hey, and did ever I say "Thank you for David Backes?" He's been a God-send here in Boston! :)

Yea, I miss him. Everyone said he was getting too old though. The Blues could use someone like him right now. The Blues IMO will get a wild card spot but I don't expect them to make it past the first round. Whole team is in a big funk.

Also it's because of the type of material used for the curved screens. The flat screens like the S6, s6, note 5, etc the screen protectors on the Supcase is outstanding! tight to the screen and responsive! The s7 edge defender had a tight fitting screen protector but just like the supcase for the note 8 it had sensitivity issues.

I wish for the Note 8 they would go back to a flat screen. I hate these curved screens.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Yea, I miss him. Everyone said he was getting too old though. The Blues could use someone like him right now. The Blues IMO will get a wild card spot but I don't expect them to make it past the first round. Whole team is in a big funk.

Also it's because of the type of material used for the curved screens. The flat screens like the S6, s6, note 5, etc the screen protectors on the Supcase is outstanding! tight to the screen and responsive! The s7 edge defender had a tight fitting screen protector but just like the supcase for the note 8 it had sensitivity issues.

I wish for the Note 8 they would go back to a flat screen. I hate these curved screens.
I would really like a flat screen too - maybe have the body somewhat curved on the back of it but flat screen and marginally wider - would be great.

Still though - love the Note 8:)

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I would really like a flat screen too - maybe have the body somewhat curved on the back of it but flat screen and marginally wider - would be great.

Still though - love the Note 8:)

I should have said Note 9 lol. I just don't get this curved screen. I hardly ever use the edge features to begin with.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

He missed several weeks with Diverticulitis Surgery but he came back slim and trim and he's been unbelievable since he's been back. It's like he's ten years younger... truly amazing. Plus, just the leadership role that he plays in the locker room alone, is worth more than most people even realize! I think he's been a big part in bringing these young kids up to speed and making this year's team as good as they are! O.K., enough with the "Off Topic" rant... I've gotten used to the curved screen and finally like it so it's not a problem for me. The Zagg tempered glass worked, ONLY because the frame of the UB Pro holds the edges in place and and keeps them from lifting and/or getting lint/dust under them too. I'm very happy with both.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Been using the otterbox symmetry case on all of my devices with no issues when drop. They are not bulky and have a 7 foot drop protection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34