Wet Charging Port Warning Going On & Off

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Ok, So my Note went into water under my sink yesterday (about 4 PM), no biggie of course, and I have a wireless charger, so the warning about the charging port didn't bother me at all. It was only sprayed by the faucet, so it wasn't submerged. I woke up this morning and the warning was gone, as usual, but earlier today the warning came on again, after no contact with water, and went off after about 5 minutes. Then it happened earlier today as I came home, and that went for amother 10 or so minutes, and then it has just gone on and off again. I just want to see if anyone else is/ was having this issue and what they have tried to do to fix it. Thanks!

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Did you dry out the charging port real good. I had got water in my charging port a few days ago when applying a wet apply screen protector but I dried it out real good and notification went away in about 10 or 15 minutes or so and hasn't come back since. But there is another thread were some people haven't even got it wet and they get the notification. I'm sure you probably restarted the phone right?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I had that issue and mine wasn't wet. They actually replaced it for free Samsung said it's a known issue with some so they're replacing. The replacement is fine. The original got a little rain on it here and there but no dinner soon or any thing.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I run into this all the time when we go to the beach or when it rains. Just let it dry and reboot the phone. The warning should go away.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Did you dry out the charging port real good. I had got water in my charging port a few days ago when applying a wet apply screen protector but I dried it out real good and notification went away in about 10 or 15 minutes or so and hasn't come back since. But there is another thread were some people haven't even got it wet and they get the notification. I'm sure you probably restarted the phone right?

Yes, I dried all around the phone, but didn't use a blowdryer to dry the port out or anything. I restarted it that day, and 2 times yesterday, and just got it again amd it went away. Thanks!

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I had that issue and mine wasn't wet. They actually replaced it for free Samsung said it's a known issue with some so they're replacing. The replacement is fine. The original got a little rain on it here and there but no dinner soon or any thing.

So should I contact Samsung support and they will (possibly) send me a new one, and then I send mine back? Thanks!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Possibly, depends. Mine froze one morning, then wouldn't charge at all kept beeping and saying moisture detected when there wasn't any

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Possibly, depends. Mine froze one morning, then wouldn't charge at all kept beeping and saying moisture detected when there wasn't any

Ok, thank you. I luckily bought a wireless charger last Christmas because I wanted to make sure that I wouldn't have to deal with this issue, but it still happens outside of home. I haven't had it freeze on me, though.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I will contact them tomorrow, just starting going to see how many times it pops on and off today.
Wasn't the first issue I've had. Though mine were few and far between. This though really irritated me. Glad they replaced it without issue. I'd talk to Samsung first, then your carrier (if you're is a carrier phone).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
sprayed by the faucet
is the problem. A little spray causes a lot more pressure than just being submerged, which is all the phone is guaranteed for, so it can force water into the phone, and a blow drier won't do a thing to fix that - the minerals in the water will still be in the phone, creating all sorts of compounds and causing all sorts of problems.

It's a good thing that Samsung realized that they did something wrong, and are willing to replace the phone. (Just remember to back everything up [see Backing up an Android Device] - they give you a "like new" phone.)

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
is the problem. A little spray causes a lot more pressure than just being submerged, which is all the phone is guaranteed for, so it can force water into the phone, and a blow drier won't do a thing to fix that - the minerals in the water will still be in the phone, creating all sorts of compounds and causing all sorts of problems.

It's a good thing that Samsung realized that they did something wrong, and are willing to replace the phone. (Just remember to back everything up [see Backing up an Android Device] - they give you a "like new" phone.)

The amount of pressure from a sink faucet is way less that submerging in 2 meters of water. If you have that kind of pressure coming out of your faucets, you might want to get it checked out by a plumber.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site

Yeah, it was actually a light spray, not on to its full extent. Just enough to be more than dripping. Thank you though, I was in the Dominican 2 weeks ago and my screen is a bit scratched up as well, so like new can't be much worse.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Wasn't the first issue I've had. Though mine were few and far between. This though really irritated me. Glad they replaced it without issue. I'd talk to Samsung first, then your carrier (if you're is a carrier phone).

Ok, thanks! I will contact Samsung, and then Verizon. Hopefully they will replace it and then send a box to return it, because I do need my phone for messages and such during that time.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
The amount of pressure from a sink faucet is way less that submerging in 2 meters of water. If you have that kind of pressure coming out of your faucets, you might want to get it checked out by a plumber.

Lol. The water never went straight into the ports, just onto the screen, so I don't know how the port are acting all finicky.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Ok, thanks! I will contact Samsung, and then Verizon. Hopefully they will replace it and then send a box to return it, because I do need my phone for messages and such during that time.

I had to to a warranty replacement with my S8+ for dead pixels. I took it to Verizon and they had a new (refurbished more likely) phone to me in two days.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I had to to a warranty replacement with my S8+ for dead pixels. I took it to Verizon and they had a new (refurbished more likely) phone to me in two days.

Yeah, they are definitely refurbished. I had to do a warranty exchange on my LG V20 because of screen retention, and they sent one back in a cardboard box with just the phone, no battery or back plate either. There were also scratches on the screen of that one, so definitely not new. Hoping that Samsung sends one in better condition lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad