Smart lock doesn't work.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
does no smart lock work? Bluetooth, ect.
when I set up location scared lock I set it at all four corners of the house, never have issues.
I also have a word issue with trust agents. when I restart my phone I have to turn Google trust agents off, restart, then turn them back on. make sure your trust agents for Google is on, if they are, turn them off, restart, then turn back on.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I douse blue tooth that often. When I go to set the location again, the coordinates I'm at are already saved.. Multiple times.

tatootie67

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
How do you set up the bluetooth connection smart lock? Please explain, is it a settings option? Thanks for the help.
It's under settings, lock screen and security, smart Lock. Trusted devices. It will walk you through the process from there pretty much.

Ten Four

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
I agree, Stupid Lock almost never works reliably using the location feature. I have tried resetting the location using the map so it is based on lat/long and not on a street address, but it didn't really help. My guess is that it has a working radius that is less than the repeatability of GPS where I live. The fingerprint sensor is so fast and reliable though that the phone is unlocked by the time I can view it after picking it up.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I've found location Smart Lock inconsistent too. No issues with using the BT though.

I'm not sure how far from the recorded location it allows before it says you're not at work or home.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Smart lock by location was hit and miss for me. More a miss that I gave up on location. I wish Google would add wifi networks to smart lock.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I have mixed success with Smart Lock (based on location) it works for a while when I am at home but after several hours the device locks (almost like it forgets where it is) I have had awesome success with trusted devices (BT ear Buds mainly)

Cheers,

BR

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I must be in the minority because location Smartlock works for me. As long as I am home I don't have to unlock my phone. Even in the back yard. It says it's set by Google Maps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta