07-11-2018 03:06 PM
36 12
tools
    I have my location for home and work set using multiple different locations and its still making me unlock it.
    02-11-2018 11:38 AM
    I have my location for home and work set using multiple different locations and its still making me unlock it.
    Same can't figure it out
    02-11-2018 12:14 PM
    I've never had the location smart unlock work. The only one that works good for me is Bluetooth smart unlock.
    sunking101 likes this.
    02-11-2018 12:40 PM
    does no smart lock work? Bluetooth, ect.
    when I set up location scared lock I set it at all four corners of the house, never have issues.
    I also have a word issue with trust agents. when I restart my phone I have to turn Google trust agents off, restart, then turn them back on. make sure your trust agents for Google is on, if they are, turn them off, restart, then turn back on.
    02-11-2018 01:48 PM
    I douse blue tooth that often. When I go to set the location again, the coordinates I'm at are already saved.. Multiple times.
    02-11-2018 05:53 PM
    Shoot. I gave up on that option lol. Never got that to work. Even on my note5 I used to have.
    02-11-2018 05:53 PM
    Same here-it's random. Seems like the bluetooth connection smart lock works MOST of the time, and the location works rarely.
    02-12-2018 11:30 AM
    Same here-it's random. Seems like the bluetooth connection smart lock works MOST of the time, and the location works rarely.
    How do you set up the bluetooth connection smart lock? Please explain, is it a settings option? Thanks for the help.
    02-12-2018 12:29 PM
    How do you set up the bluetooth connection smart lock? Please explain, is it a settings option? Thanks for the help.
    It's under settings, lock screen and security, smart Lock. Trusted devices. It will walk you through the process from there pretty much.
    pinkvikchick likes this.
    02-12-2018 05:07 PM
    It's under settings, lock screen and security, smart Lock. Trusted devices. It will walk you through the process from there pretty much.
    Thank you
    02-12-2018 05:15 PM
    Is your mobile device managed by your employer? If so, perhaps the corporate policy is interfering with smartlock.
    02-12-2018 05:46 PM
    I agree, Stupid Lock almost never works reliably using the location feature. I have tried resetting the location using the map so it is based on lat/long and not on a street address, but it didn't really help. My guess is that it has a working radius that is less than the repeatability of GPS where I live. The fingerprint sensor is so fast and reliable though that the phone is unlocked by the time I can view it after picking it up.
    pinkvikchick likes this.
    02-12-2018 08:00 PM
    Smart Lock works consistently with my home and work locations.
    Wish you guys weren't having issues. Its really useful for me.
    02-12-2018 10:17 PM
    I've found location Smart Lock inconsistent too. No issues with using the BT though.

I'm not sure how far from the recorded location it allows before it says you're not at work or home.
    02-13-2018 12:28 AM
    Sounds like I'm in the minority. Actually, it's my Smart Lock Bluetooth detection that doesn't work consistently for me.
    02-13-2018 07:37 AM
    Smart lock by location was hit and miss for me. More a miss that I gave up on location. I wish Google would add wifi networks to smart lock.
    WalkingHorse likes this.
    02-13-2018 09:08 AM
    I have mixed success with Smart Lock (based on location) it works for a while when I am at home but after several hours the device locks (almost like it forgets where it is) I have had awesome success with trusted devices (BT ear Buds mainly)

Cheers,

BR
    02-13-2018 02:19 PM
    Smart lock by location was hit and miss for me. More a miss that I gave up on location. I wish Google would add wifi networks to smart lock.
    Yes to adding Wi-Fi detection.
    WalkingHorse likes this.
    02-13-2018 04:44 PM
    I must be in the minority because location Smartlock works for me. As long as I am home I don't have to unlock my phone. Even in the back yard. It says it's set by Google Maps.
    02-13-2018 05:00 PM
    Yes to adding Wi-Fi detection.
    That would be super.
    02-15-2018 04:30 PM
    An update on this. Though I have reset my location numerous times when at home Smart Lock eventually fails. It is not worth it even bothering with if not reliable. As I stated previously, the repeatability of GPS is not close enough to whatever the circle of error allowed by Smart Lock. I can see this when at home by just observing my location on Google maps. The location indicator is all over the place, and often not even on my particular home. I would guess it could be plus or minus 100 feet or more based on what I see on Google maps. I have a long, narrow house that is about 75 feet from front to back and at the moment I am sitting in the very front of the house and Google maps shows me at the very back of the house or in the backyard. I always have it set to High Accuracy mode.
    05-13-2018 09:48 AM
    Glad I'm not the only one! 😩
    05-13-2018 11:20 AM
    Here is what I have observed with Smart Lock. I, too, have my home set as a trusted location. If I leave my home for a while, say, a half hour or so, and return home, Smart Lock works at home again. It will continue to work at my home for a period of time, somewhere between 8 and 12 hours (I haven't been able to narrow it down further). After that period of time, I start having to unlock it with my PIN or fingerprint again. I'll then have to continue to unlock my phone until I once again leave my trusted location (home) for a while. But when I return home, Smart Lock again recognizes my smart location and will not require me to unlock it for that 8 to 12 hour period of time, after which I will have to leave the trusted location again for a half hour or so to get it to start working again when I return home. This cycle is repeatable for me.

So to summarize, it appears that trusted location may be designed to only work for a limited period of time before having to leave that trusted location, then return to it, for it to begin working again.
    05-13-2018 11:51 AM
    The smart lock on both my phone and my wife's N8s stopped working months ago. I thought the oreo update might fix it but it still only rarely works when we're at home, and we've both set trusted locations at different spots all throughout our house. It is extremely frustrating, particularly for my wife since her work security settings won't let her use a pattern unlock so she has to put in a six digit code every time she picks up her phone at home.
    05-14-2018 09:31 AM
    I no longer have the option for trusted places on my pixel
    05-23-2018 12:13 AM
36 12