Well I did it.....

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
In all fairness the S7 wasn't a pleasant experience for me. I've always had newer phones and while the S7 did some things well it was a slug the last few months. The Note 8 is really impressive. The fingerprint scanner is so nice to use for a change.

I guess I just meant that the S7 is much newer than the Note 4. I've never used a S7 so I can't really say say what the differences would really be.

fireidiot

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I just dumped my iPhone 7 Plus for the Note 8 yesterday. I'm amazed at how much I like most of the features. I got the blue color from Best Buy, guess they are the only ones with that color.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You should check Samsung's own... I think they're offering good deals on trade-ins plus the Note 8 at 750. Or any of the Valentine's day deals with carriers, but those usually require you to add a line.

Chromium 4

May 28, 2017
Visit site
I rode the LG train for a while too. Started out with the bargain basement Leon, then the G4 and finally the V20. I sacrificed the G4 to the Samsung gods for $300 off of the Note 8 and a free Gear 360. Between the V20 and Note 8 I should be good in the phone department for a few years to come.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Got mine at launch and also coming from a Note 4, its a great upgrade and unless the Note 9 comes with major upgrades over the 8(which i doubt) then I'm sticking with my Note 8, it's been great and I still love it!
Got my Note 8 at launch as well (received sept 7). Have around 7 higher end cases for it so I'm invested for awhile

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I went from an S7 to the Note 8 on Friday, it's quite an improvement.
Are you having any issues adjusting to the notable size difference between those two? I had the 7Edge before the S8+ then note 8. 7edge for me was too small. I liked it in general but it had some quirks for certain.

scottcraft

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Are you having any issues adjusting to the notable size difference between those two? I had the 7Edge before the S8+ then note 8. 7edge for me was too small. I liked it in general but it had some quirks for certain.
Not really. I had an iPhone 6S+ prior to the S7, so I prefer a larger phone. It definitely requires two hands in more situations, but it's not bad at all.