Well I did it.....

daswooski

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Ooh. I wish you the best getting through those 2 weeks on Apple.
Hi all, have an S8, unlocked on AT&T but reading all this makes me want to get the Note 8 instead of waiting for the S9 and then paying $900 for it!!
Is the speed of the Note 8 that much of a difference over the S8?
Any feedback is graciously appreciated

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, have an S8, unlocked on AT&T but reading all this makes me want to get the Note 8 instead of waiting for the S9 and then paying $900 for it!!
Is the speed of the Note 8 that much of a difference over the S8?
Any feedback is graciously appreciated
I had the 8+. It's noticeable. It has everything imo. You would love it. I don't think I'll look at the S9+ - probably keeping my Note until the next Note

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
If I switch it will be to the note 9. I'm so tired of switching phones. And after getting the note 8 then switching to the iPhone for a month. I'm so glad I switched back. I love all the features the note gives me. And the note 9 as of now would be the only thing to upgrade to. Only thing I wish is it would come with a flat screen option. I prefer that.

daswooski

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I had the 8+. It's noticeable. It has everything imo. You would love it. I don't think I'll look at the S9+ - probably keeping my Note until the next Note
Thanks so much for the feedback , hope I can get a good trade in value for my S8...take care all.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Thanks so much for the feedback , hope I can get a good trade in value for my S8...take care all.
Huge size difference. Make sure you hold on in the store before you buy one.

I had S8 Plus before Note 8. ONLY got note 8 because I must have spen. If you don't need spen, you don't need a Note. S8 and S8 Plus are more than fast and fluid enough. There is not that much difference moving to Note 8. It's all about the spen.

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
In all fairness the S7 wasn't a pleasant experience for me. I've always had newer phones and while the S7 did some things well it was a slug the last few months. The Note 8 is really impressive. The fingerprint scanner is so nice to use for a change.

The s7 for me was the same experience I didn't like it at all... I went back to apple for a bit, got the s8 plus and now the note 8.

scottcraft

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
The s7 for me was the same experience I didn't like it at all... I went back to apple for a bit, got the s8 plus and now the note 8.
I immediately noticed a difference in speed from my iPhone 6S+ to the S7, but it was bearable. It ended up being horrible. This note is a beast so far though.

daswooski

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Huge size difference. Make sure you hold on in the store before you buy one.

I had S8 Plus before Note 8. ONLY got note 8 because I must have spen. If you don't need spen, you don't need a Note. S8 and S8 Plus are more than fast and fluid enough. There is not that much difference moving to Note 8. It's all about the spen.
Great information... Never really used an spen...maybe I'll wait for GS9 or Note9...

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I got my Note 8. Coming from my Note 4 (which still love) this is a beast. I was going to wait for the Note 9, but Target has $200 giftcard. Couldn't pass it up.

PCE

Gave my pristine Note 4 last week to a friend who preferred it to the S8 and wanted replaceable battery. His was pretty beat up. Held onto my Note 5 which I use at night while I play movies on my Note 8 with a wired link. Not bothered by any lag on Note 5 but I'm not a perfectionist.

Emilio Aponte

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
Well, me too at the end of January or the first days of February. Buying the Note 8 was not my intention, I was going to buy the Galaxy S9+. I got an issue with my former mobile carrier, get angry and just went to AT&T. The Galaxy S9+ will be out soon, the S8+ was my former mobile phone so Note 8 was my decision. It's a good phone, it's my first Samsung Note.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Well, me too at the end of January or the first days of February. Buying the Note 8 was not my intention, I was going to buy the Galaxy S9+. I got an issue with my former mobile carrier, get angry and just went to AT&T. The Galaxy S9+ will be out soon, the S8+ was my former mobile phone so Note 8 was my decision. It's a good phone, it's my first Samsung Note.
Welcome aboard. While I did switch to the iPhone for a month I'm so glad to be back in the note 8. You won't be disappointed. It's fast and fluid and the extra functionality of the spen is fantastic, even if you use it rarely.

I couldn't be happier being back on this little guy. So much power it's truly hard to beat for my use.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Hmm I wonder if you'll want to stay with the Note line. Some do, some don't. I happen to be a Note fan. Enjoyed my S8+ before the Note 8, but there's just something about the Notes that I love

Emilio Aponte

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
Well, I was a Blackberry Bold Line kind of guy. Those Bold where the top of Blackberry phones. Then change to the Android Platform, HTC ONE X, HTC ONE X +, HTC ONE, LG G2, GOOGLE NEXUS 5, SAMSUNG GALAXY S6, GOOGLE PIXEL XL, SAMSUNG GALAXY S8+. That's the correct chronological order. Of all those phones I remember the, Google Nexus 5(my first Google phone) and the Samsung Galaxy S6(my first Samsung phone). Then when the Galaxy S8+, I was convinced that no matter what I stay with Samsung Galaxy Line. I really like the Galaxy S8+, but as said get angry with my former mobile service carrier and left them and go directly to AT&T. Still today the Galaxy S9+ is not out, I already have a S8+ and the Google Pixel XL(first generation) so I trade in the S8+ and the Pixel XL at AT&T paid the remaining difference and got the Galaxy Note 8. As said, really like my former S8+ and the Note 8 got the same Snapdragon processor, the battery is a little minus compared to the S8+ but is a nice, nice phone. The S pen is all right, but I don't use it much of the time. Let's say that I'm reading up today and waiting for the reviews of the S9+. Is going to have the last Snapdragon processor, but the one at the S8+ and Note 8 still a fast one, never got loading loading loading issues with the S8+ and now the Note 8. So maybe I just stay with the Note 8 till the Note 9 gets out. For that moment I will have 62 years old, I work(still do) all my life and I can pay for flagship phones. Let's say I'm a kind of old freak toward the Android Platform.

Emilio Aponte

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
Thank you Sir for your welcome to the Note 8. Years ago I began buying Iphones for my wife, her last Christmas present was the Iphone X 256gb internal memory. Definitely the X is a monster of phone, the best Iphone yet. But, I just play around a little with this X phone cause I don't like IOS Platform. The one I like is the Google Android Platform and I like the Note 8 too. Thanks again for your welcome.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1