So I'm just wondering if it's me, but the way that I hold the phone with two hands, sometimes my fingers are resting on the sides of the screen. Occasionally this touch prevents me from doing something or it slides the screen up and down. I've disabled the edge components, but it's still happening. Worth mentioning that I just got it and there isn't a case on it just yet.

Anyone else having this problem, and what did you do to correct it?
    Excetera likes this.
    02-13-2018 11:34 PM
    I'm pretty sure there's a setting to remove accietnsl touches but as soon as I threw it in a case I found I wasn't doing it often. not even a bulky case a rather thin one
    fireidiot likes this.
    02-13-2018 11:42 PM
    It's the way you're holding it. I have my thumb almost on the edge of the screen & other fingers on the other side almost identical. I would get a case that covers the edges better than other cases
    fireidiot likes this.
    02-14-2018 12:10 AM
    With a case that feel will go away, this device IMO needs a case since it's price is high.
    02-14-2018 01:13 AM
    I have a case on mine probably 99% of the time. Right now I'm holding it with two hands, pinkies supporting the bottom, other fingers around the back for support and thumbs up for typing. My hands are angled a little away so they're not crowding on the phone. I don't get the accidental touches.

Sometimes I'll hold it one handed and have fingers in the same type of position, but obviously hand is held at a winder angle to hold the phone. I don't usually hold it similar to holding a canned beverage, I hold it more like it's setting on the fingers. Hard to explain lol.

Also recently got one of those pop socket things and that's been handy too. When I'm sitting at work I usually have it setup with my Bluetooth keyboard so I can type with that and the phone is positioned up on the popsocket stand.
    msndrstood and Excetera like this.
    02-14-2018 05:02 AM
    it's the edge design. I had the same problem with the note 7. and I have it with the note 8. I've tried various cases, etc. but the problem remains. it's a design issue that likely won't go away since Sammy wants the income that will be generated by screens that break due to the curves. definitely a form over function design choice.
    Mike328, kirksucks and srvctec like this.
    02-14-2018 08:48 AM
    I dont like the edges or the curved screen. Makes screen protectors problematic.
    Mike328 and tadpoles like this.
    02-14-2018 09:18 AM
    Love the pop sockets, I think that would help too I usually put my pointer finger and middle to get around the pop socket
    they have alot to choose from too 😊
    amyf27 likes this.
    02-14-2018 09:38 AM
    it's the edge design. I had the same problem with the note 7. and I have it with the note 8. I've tried various cases, etc. but the problem remains. it's a design issue that likely won't go away since Sammy wants the income that will be generated by screens that break due to the curves. definitely a form over function design choice.
    This
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    02-14-2018 10:01 AM
    It's a large awkward feeling good luck with the fingerprint sensor
    02-14-2018 11:08 AM
    I've only found one very thin (unsafe) case to work well with fps. Yet my s8+ less trouble. Odd.
    02-14-2018 12:04 PM
    I put on a Spigen case today. Seems like it's helping, we shall see what happens when I put on the screen protector.

I figure if it really doesn't work, I can always go to the S8 Active. Looks ulgy, but the screen is squared off.
    02-14-2018 09:55 PM
    you don't describe the problem well but i know explaining device problems is spmetimes difficult. I usually hold Note8 with one hand and as i scroll it often "catches" on a screen item and activates that button - to my dismay. I have it in a lipped case so i don't notice any edge problem in particular. I might add, after 2 months i have yet to use the pen.
    02-15-2018 03:46 AM
    you don't describe the problem well but i know explaining device problems is spmetimes difficult. I usually hold Note8 with one hand and as i scroll it often "catches" on a screen item and activates that button - to my dismay. I have it in a lipped case so i don't notice any edge problem in particular. I might add, after 2 months i have yet to use the pen.
    If you're having difficulty using it with one hand, you can always activate one hand mode when needed.
    02-15-2018 05:31 AM