How do I get full use of music on Galaxy Note 8?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have always had an iPhone and just switched to Note 8. I was able to figure out most features, but not how to use my music library. In short I want to use the music from iTunes as the alarm tone and don't know how to do this.

Long version - I have iTunes music because it is the cheapest of the streaming music services and I don't want to cancel. I my iPhone I could access this library and use any song as the tone for my alarm. However, on the Note 8 it looks like I have to upload songs to dropbox or some other service in order to use them this way? NOte - just got the phone yesterday and did not transfer my music over (just downloaded the itunes app) - would this solve the problem?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The phone has a Ringtones folder. Put anything you want to use as a ringtone in there. There are also folders for Notifications and Alarms. (Music can be played with music player apps no matter where they are, but they have to be available to you - a music file on the cloud, when you have no data connection, is of no use to you.)

But yes, you sort of have to download ringtones - to the phone itself. You can't use a file from a streaming service as a ringtone unless you download it to the phone.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I have always had an iPhone and just switched to Note 8. I was able to figure out most features, but not how to use my music library. In short I want to use the music from iTunes as the alarm tone and don't know how to do this.

Long version - I have iTunes music because it is the cheapest of the streaming music services and I don't want to cancel. I my iPhone I could access this library and use any song as the tone for my alarm. However, on the Note 8 it looks like I have to upload songs to dropbox or some other service in order to use them this way? NOte - just got the phone yesterday and did not transfer my music over (just downloaded the itunes app) - would this solve the problem?

Try "iSyncr: iTunes to Android." It syncs your android phone to your iTunes. Even if you own a Mac. I've used it and it works pretty well.

P.S. You do need to download and install iSyncr desktop for your Mac or Windows laptop or desktop.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance