Anyone Getting the "Itch"

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Usually around this time, I start to get that itch to try something new. In the past, this is where I start thinking of my second run with the iPhone. My usual pattern is latest iphone, then Note, I usually consider the new Nexus/Pixel, then go back to the Note, then go back to the iphone, then I come to my senses and return to the Note. This year hasn't been the same. Skipped the iphone offerings this year for the first time ever. No Pixel this year either. Got the Note8 and haven't gotten the itch until recently. Anyone getting the itch?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Usually around this time, I start to get that itch to try something new. In the past, this is where I start thinking of my second run with the iPhone. My usual pattern is latest iphone, then Note, I usually consider the new Nexus/Pixel, then go back to the Note, then go back to the iphone, then I come to my senses and return to the Note. This year hasn't been the same. Skipped the iphone offerings this year for the first time ever. No Pixel this year either. Got the Note8 and haven't gotten the itch until recently. Anyone getting the itch?
As a daily device, no itch. For me personally, this is the best phone out there. I mean... maybe another Note 8 in a different color? Lolo. I do wish it were wider. It would be fun to doodle around with another phone but none come close to the Note for me.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Yep itchy here. Just about jump ship to the Pixel 2 XL or the Huawei Mate 10 Pro. Not sure which yet, I'll probably end up tossing a coin

andytiedye

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
Re: Anyone Getting the "Itch"

l don't get this "gotta have a new phone every other month" thing.
My last smartphone was a Note *2* (though would have got the 7 if they didn't have the "catch on fire" problem).

It it hasn't got the S-pen, I'm not interested. Eraserhead pens don't cut it.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
I always get the S series or Note when it comes out but this time I'm not going to trade in my Note 8. Every time I do that I miss it to much. So this time I'm considering buying the S9+ unlocked from Samsung or if Verizon has one. Going to try using two phones until the Note 9 comes out.

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
My server is Tmobile and I am on the Jump on demand program and I can switch up to 3 phones a year( use it or lose it)!...I am currently using the Note 8 and I am very happy with the phone but I will flip to the Samsung Galaxy S 9 plus, when the phone is available....

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
My server is Tmobile and I am on the Jump on demand program and I can switch up to 3 phones a year( use it or lose it)!...I am currently using the Note 8 and I am very happy with the phone but I will flip to the Samsung Galaxy S 9 plus, when the phone is available....
I am also on Jump on Demand. :) The Note 8 was my first "Jump" in Sept last year. Will see about jumping to 9+... I have quite a few cases for this Note so I'm fairly invested.

anon(10414364)

Feb 16, 2018
Visit site
Well you may want to reconsider the Iphone. Bought an S8 in December. Too many issues not addressed by Samsung/Android. Latest...calls open directly in my car w/o my accepting them and the caller ID shows unknown on all calls, unless being received from another Android. Really??? Not a seamless transition from one platform to the other as touted and not nearly the ease of access and data availablity with Iphone. Am stuck w this for awhile. Customer service has no clue how to correct anything. Samsung--CLUELESS!

chamomiami

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
with all respect i personally doesn't understand why people who pay almost $1000 for a device after a 2 months using it is waiting for the next model release ... at least can wait two or even 3 models for example from the S6 jump to the S8 so can feel a real difference, is my opinion even if the carrier let you do the trade i dont see the fun, fun is to feel a big change on the technology

tuckertje01

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Well you may want to reconsider the Iphone. Bought an S8 in December. Too many issues not addressed by Samsung/Android. Latest...calls open directly in my car w/o my accepting them and the caller ID shows unknown on all calls, unless being received from another Android. Really??? Not a seamless transition from one platform to the other as touted and not nearly the ease of access and data availablity with Iphone. Am stuck w this for awhile. Customer service has no clue how to correct anything. Samsung--CLUELESS!
I absolutely love my S8+, best smartphone I ever had and never had any issues whatsoever. I think that the biggest problem is that smartphones are often bought by not so smart people that don't understand how to use them and are unwilling to learn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463