Anyone Getting the "Itch"

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I got the itch to upgrade from my LG G6. I just returned it in the mail today.y Note 8 is great but I'll definitely miss the G6. Love the form factor and it was always snappy. Still sad that I returned it. Hopefully I have a similar enjoyable experience with the Note 8

neoberry99

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm definitely thinking about it. Sucks that TMobile won't be carrying it. Currently I'm using a Priv for work and note 8 for everything else.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Yep... But as a second device because it doesn't have an s-pen
It really is one I would like to try

Same here. The only reason I picked up the note was because I needed it for work. The LG G6 didn't cut it. I hate having to carry both a notepad and a phone in my pocket. G6 was my best phone I've had though. Wish I didn't have to let it go.

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
No compulsion to move from the Note 8 until they bring out the folding screens. It's an awesome phone and I can't see the 9 having anything groundbreaking.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
No compulsion to move from the Note 8 until they bring out the folding screens. It's an awesome phone and I can't see the 9 having anything groundbreaking.

The bigger battery and if true the serious fast charging would sway a few people but personally I don't *need it*
Camera is already seriously good on N8 it is more about learning to use it I think.
However, if the latest s-pen rumours are true and we get the other things above along a few other bits like 8gb Ran and 512gb storage then I probably won't be able to resist

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I agree, and I love my Note8, but given the fact that I have TMobile and live in a rural area, the 600mhz compatibility will probably cause me to upgrade even if the rest of the phone isn't much of an upgrade

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking about it, but with good lock coming back and nothing interesting at all coming out, the pixel 3 maybe. But it would take a LOT to make me upgrade this year. I'm waiting on what the S10 will bring, I'm hoping it blows everything out of the water. But as long as I have insurance I'm good, especially since I don't owe anything on my phone.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I will be getting the note 9 regardless.
That said, I think I will get another device at the same time to play around with. ( I have been a really good boy this year only buying the Note 8 ) really hope the Red Hydrogen One lives up to the RED name. Might finally get a half decent picture with one.

Last edited:

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
So.. The Note 9 has a slightly better CPU, is the same res but marginally larger and has a longer life battery.

The dual apperture camera is interesting but for the price I could buy a far superior laptop to my current one.

I'm gonna focus on paying off my debts and increasing my mortgage payments until something that actually isn't just a small improvement on existing tech crops up.

For me that was the move to the 8 from 4:
32 to 64 bit architecture
Double the RAM - Yes just an improvement on existing but a significant one.
Octacore tech for low/high drain processing.
Dual camera tech
Several major itterations of Android version
IP68 rating
USB C

Not a dull boy just focusing on having much more money to spend on nice things when the next wave of really fancy toys comes round.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
The bigger battery and if true the serious fast charging would sway a few people but personally I don't *need it*
Camera is already seriously good on N8 it is more about learning to use it I think.
However, if the latest s-pen rumours are true and we get the other things above along a few other bits like 8gb Ran and 512gb storage then I probably won't be able to resist

No way we get 512GB in North America or Europe. Probably just Asia as usual. It is possible we get 8gb though but even that I think will be for a few of the Asian markets. That would totally tank s9 Plus sales. The 8gb likely would come with the S10 I'm thinking then the Note 10.

If the only improvement is the newer processor and not much new with Spen then I might grab the S9 Plus if there is a good deal on the unlocked model only if the Note 9 has an absurd price tag of like $1000. I won't spend $1000 on only a minor upgrade when I don't use the spen daily. Spen is a game changer or me and I love it even though I don't use it on a regular basis. Like if the unlocked s9 Plus is on sale or price reduced to like $750 then I might just jump all over that if the Note is price at 1k or more.

Likely I WILL be purchasing the Note once again though!

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I had the urge to try something different so I bought a mate 10 pro because they are down to $549.00. It is a great phone but I have been spoiled by Samsung with some of the little things they have that you don't think about. My wake up alarm gradually gets louder in the morning on my Note where as on the Mate it just comes on at the preset volume, the mate doesn't have txt message status, I missed S note, the note app on the message was just a task list. No quad HD display. They say you can't notice but that's b.s. There were a couple of other issues. Nothing major and I really like the Mate, it's just not a Samsung.

andytiedye

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
Thinking of getting a second Note 8.
keep this one stock for Samsung Pay and all the other stuff that hates root
and an get an unlocked Exynos version to root and flash stuff on.