Screen Off Memo question

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
As per design, when I pull the S-Pen with the screen off I can write memos.
But I get the message "Write Memo On Screen" message in the middle of the screen every time. As soon as I touch the screen with the S-Pen the message goes away.
Prior to a Factory Data Reset the message only appeared once then never again.
Now it appears every time I use the Screen Off Memo function.
I've notice in several YouTube videos that when people open the Screen Off Memo function the message does not appear. Gone through every S-Pen setting and cannot find an option to lose the message. Any thoughts/input would be appreciated.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried clearing Screen Off Memo cache from the App Manager? You're right, mine doesn't show the message (not even briefly flashing). I'm on T-Mobile, so that might be different if you're on a different carrier and they updated/messed things up.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I've cleared every cache possible.. LOL
On Verizon, so that could be a variable.
It's not a big deal, just bugs the heck out of me.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and mine doesn't have the message. I've only used that feature a couple of times but just checked.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I use screen off memo daily and have never gotten that... Is it initially when you pull out the SPen the 1st time?

If your screen is already off and you have your SPen out, hold down the button and touch the pen to the screen to launch screen off memo.... Does it happen then too?

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
... I get the message "Write Memo On Screen" message in the middle of the screen every time. As soon as I touch the screen with the S-Pen the message goes away.
Prior to a Factory Data Reset the message only appeared once then never again.
Now it appears every time I use the Screen Off Memo function....

I had no idea if mine showed or not, and I use it fairly frequently, lol. Just checked, and it's there every time. I'm on VZW. I've never done a factory reset, and I'm still delaying the Oct update!

... If your screen is already off and you have your SPen out, hold down the button and touch the pen to the screen to launch screen off memo.... Does it happen then too?

I never knew you could do that :) It did happen then for me as well.

jkarwow

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I tried numerous setting changes and finally saved a multi page screen off memo and it is gone. Try saving a multi page, hopefully that is what works since I don't recall all of the other things I tried.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I decided to give your suggestion a try since nothing else seems to work.
I pulled out my S-Pen to start a memo and no message! What the heck? I didn't even get a chance to try the multiple page suggestion.
Yesterday the message was there and I did nothing since to try and get rid of the message.
Just weird!

I tried numerous setting changes and finally saved a multi page screen off memo and it is gone. Try saving a multi page, hopefully that is what works since I don't recall all of the other things I tried.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang