Nanoglass screen protector

Roustermiller

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Trying out this liquid screen protector by invisible first defense. And I must say after a few days it feels great. The screen feels so smooth. Check it out

Attachments

• 2802.jpg
    2802.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 140

michail71

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Intersting product.

How is it on:

1. Glare
  2. Fingerprints
  3. Edges
  4. Visual Distortions
  5. Swiping Feel
:)

I have a Zagg on now but the edges bother me some. I also see a line around where the curvature starts.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I had that on my S8+. It seemed to work great. The only problem I had was I had to get a warranty replacement for dead pixels. The Verizon rep almost didn't believe me when I told him that the miniscule crack in the bottom was the screen protector not the screen itself.

I haven't used one since. I'm using an Otao protector and it works great.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Also, how is a liquid protector removed?

I would like to know this as well. I remember a while back when I was reading about this and I think someone (maybe a reviewer on Amazon - not sure) said that it's intended to be permanent and it cannot be removed. Well, if that is true - that makes absolutely NO sense. The whole point of the screen protector is for it to get damaged first, and then you remove/replace it when it gets damaged. If it's permanent and cannot be removed, then how is it different from the glass without a screen protector? I think that person spoke without knowing what he was talking about.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I would like to know this as well. I remember a while back when I was reading about this and I think someone (maybe a reviewer on Amazon - not sure) said that it's intended to be permanent and it cannot be removed. Well, if that is true - that makes absolutely NO sense. The whole point of the screen protector is for it to get damaged first, and then you remove/replace it when it gets damaged. If it's permanent and cannot be removed, then how is it different from the glass without a screen protector? I think that person spoke without knowing what he was talking about.

The answer I got was, "why would you need to remove it?" Nanoglass screen protectors like the one by Qmadix Invisible First Defense, are not designed to be removed.

Here is some for info: Qmadix

Here is the FAQ: Invisible First-Defense Liquid Glass - Screen Protector

Can I take it off?
Interesting but why? Why would you want to take off the best screen protector on the market with the highest rated hardness for ultimate protection? Invisible First-Defense+ is designed to protect your screen without being noticed. In fact, you may forget that it is on your device. But rest assured that it is doing its job, providing you the best protection on the market.

Like I said, I got it for my S8+ and it seemed to work very well. I haven't put it on my Note 8 mainly because I'm not sure if it is truly worth the cost.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
The answer I got was, "why would you need to remove it?" Nanoglass screen protectors like the one by Qmadix Invisible First Defense, are not designed to be removed.

Here is some for info: Qmadix

Here is the FAQ: Invisible First-Defense Liquid Glass - Screen Protector

Like I said, I got it for my S8+ and it seemed to work very well. I haven't put it on my Note 8 mainly because I'm not sure if it is truly worth the cost.
I guess my question then is if they are garanteeing that it would never scratch or break? The reason why you would remove it is because if it breaks, you're supposed to be able to remove it and replace it. But if you can't remove it, then you're stuck with it if there is any damage and if it does break, it's just like breaking your actual glass since it can't be removed. I don't think I want to live with the possibility of a permanent scratch since in that case, I would just leave it naked. If the protector breaks or the glass breaks, you're pretty screwed either way?

darin.radke.5

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
The warranty is if break, they will pay the warranty amount. (Mine is $150) toward screen replacement or insurance claim. At least that is how it was explained to me.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I guess my question then is if they are garanteeing that it would never scratch or break? The reason why you would remove it is because if it breaks, you're supposed to be able to remove it and replace it. But if you can't remove it, then you're stuck with it if there is any damage and if it does break, it's just like breaking your actual glass since it can't be removed. I don't think I want to live with the possibility of a permanent scratch since in that case, I would just leave it naked. If the protector breaks or the glass breaks, you're pretty screwed either way?
That it's a good question and like I said, I'm not sure it's worth the money. If my $15 Otao tempered glass protector breaks and saves the phone's screen in the process then I'm only out $15; and all I have to do is put on a new screen protector.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
That it's a good question and like I said, I'm not sure it's worth the money. If my $15 Otao tempered glass protector breaks and saves the phone's screen in the process then I'm only out $15; and all I have to do is put on a new screen protector.

Exactly. I am curious about it because my plastic protector is getting worn and would love to get something more durable. The glass ones I've tried either don't seal against the glass and/or don't fit well with cases. I thought of trying Whitestone Dome but I've read mixed reactions especially if the adhesive goes into the buttons. Ugh. So I thought about this one but the "why would you want to take it off" is confusing. LOL

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
the "why would you want to take it off" is confusing. LOL

I am also confused by the question of removing the liquid nano protection. You can't even tell that it is there. I'm on my second application just because I'm not sure if it actually wears off over time. I buy mine on eBay for $7.99 per packet.

tuckertje01

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I am also confused by the question of removing the liquid nano protection. You can't even tell that it is there. I'm on my second application just because I'm not sure if it actually wears off over time. I buy mine on eBay for $7.99 per packet.
It is great that you can't notice it's there, but you're not getting the point. If you drop the phone you expect the screen cover to take the damage instead of the screen itself. So the screen protector will break but not the screen itself. Then you have to be able to remove the damaged screen protector in order to place a new one. So what will you do when the protector is badly damaged?

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
It is great that you can't notice it's there, but you're not getting the point. If you drop the phone you expect the screen cover to take the damage instead of the screen itself. So the screen protector will break but not the screen itself. Then you have to be able to remove the damaged screen protector in order to place a new one. So what will you do when the protector is badly damaged?
Thanks like to know. I'm assuming you cannot take it off.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I think you are misunderstanding what this liquid actually is. I can't for a minute believe that applying this to the screen will prevent the screen from breaking in a drop. The only real benefit that I can see from this is to prevent the micro scratches that the latest screens are susceptible to. Regardless of what the packaging or the companies may say, there is no way these liquid nano coatings will keep the glass from breaking. For the protection you are looking for you need to put a tempered glass screen protector on your phone. Period.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs