Suddenly ok Google ain't working.. help!

miserkris

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine's a note 8..."ok Google " would unlock my phone but suddenly stopped doing it...i didn't do anything!

Maybe an update messed it up?

Here's the screen i wanna update but the top slider button doesn't even move!

But Google voice icon works, in maps and in search, keyboard etc..

Anyone's having the same problem?
Thanks
a0f98b7691343f5087fde1ff411965c1.jpg

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
For over a week I can not get “ok google” to dial a person no matter where I am tried to reboot no luck. Probably needs an update and hopefully soon.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Either needs a Update, go into the Apps Settings and clear cache, also make sure you have data when you're doing that. Without a data connection it might not work.

I'm on my replacement Note 8 and haven't set Ok Google up yet, likely will today. I do use Bixby often but sometimes like Ok Google.

Chromium 4

May 28, 2017
Visit site
Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling Google App? That worked for me when I had the same problem on another device.

rmanzo77

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue recently on my Note 8. All I did was uninstalled the updated version of google on the play store, updated afterwards, and then setup the “ok google” option again. Very simple

totallywirednyc

May 25, 2012
Visit site
How did you uninstal it? I have Verizon and there is no option to do that because it is an pre-installed application.

long press the icon, hit disable, then go to settings, apps, Google and enable it. then add the icon back to your Google folder.

that fixed the whole problem for me.... wooboo!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz