So i bought an iphone 8 plus

Merkitten

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
backstory: had iphones ever since they came out, got the Note 7, fell in love, got Note 8, loved that too

Then i dropped my Note 8 a month ago. On concrete. With no case (i hate how most cases make it feel so bulky). I needed a new phone bc now it was cracked in 3 places. I wondered-how are the new iphones? i knew i didnt want the X, but maybe the 8? in pretty rose gold? was i missing something, sticking to Notes?

i bought an iphone 8 plus a few hours ago. ive had it home an hour...

and i want my Note back. First thing in the morning i'm going back and getting a Note.

What was i THINKING?

-the screen is so much smaller even though the phones are roughly the same size... i feel cheated

-the keyboard is super awkward to use

-i cant even sign up for i tunes without a credit card. even if all i want is to download free apps. i have a cc but thatsnot the point.

-64 or 256. really, Apple? REALLY?

-i cant change the icons. it sounds like a small thing until its taken away. i like to make my phone just how i like it, and... this feels like Apples phone, not mine. my Note felt like MINE.

I'm actually typing this on my old Note-im using my hotspot via my iphone.

Never again. Unless theres some radical redesign/mission change by Apple re: how much we as users can customize, i'm done.

Merkitten

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
Thats how i felt-getting a little bored, wanting something new to play with . But theres nothing to play with on the 8 Plus. The camera is very nice but the Note's has more modes and options.

I forgot the lack of a "back" button too. I got so used to it with the Note-its super convenient to know i can always hit bottom right to go back. With the iphone it depends which app youre in-sometimes its on top, sometimes its on bottom.. its just annoying having to hunt for it.

i think if i ever get the itch again i'll try the Pixel or something, but fornow I've realized the Note's where its at.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I own both the X and the note 8 with the note being my go to device or daily driver. Apple devices have things that android doesn’t and visa versa. The X is probably the perfect size device for me but the note has more functionality then the X does.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
A few months back I had gotten an Iphone 7Plus as a backup/2md phone. Returned it within 24 hours lol

Merkitten

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
I still have the Note-i'd paid for it in full. It still works fine tbh but the screen is badly cracked. I hadnt got insurance-i meant to and then i just forgot... definitely getting it this time tho.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
backstory: had iphones ever since they came out, got the Note 7, fell in love, got Note 8, loved that too

Then i dropped my Note 8 a month ago. On concrete. With no case (i hate how most cases make it feel so bulky). I needed a new phone bc now it was cracked in 3 places. I wondered-how are the new iphones? i knew i didnt want the X, but maybe the 8? in pretty rose gold? was i missing something, sticking to Notes?

and i want my Note back. First thing in the morning i'm going back and getting a Note.

What was i THINKING?

-the screen is so much smaller even though the phones are roughly the same size... i feel cheated

-i cant even sign up for i tunes without a credit card. even if all i want is to download free apps. i have a cc but thatsnot the point.

-i cant change the icons. it sounds like a small thing until its taken away. i like to make my phone just how i like it, and... this feels like Apples phone, not mine. my Note felt like MINE.

Never again. Unless theres some radical redesign/mission change by Apple re: how much we as users can customize, i'm done.

You can only use an iPhone how Timmy CROOK and his band of elderly car salesmen like it, not how you like it 🤣

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
So many of the things people hate on Apple for are the things that the users love about the phones. Everyone has different needs and priorities. It doesn’t make one person wrong, it’s just different.

I can appreciate why someone wouldn’t want an iPhone (too simple) and I can appreciate why someone wouldn’t want the Note (too much). These two phones are on opposite ends of the spectrum in my opinion. I have both but the Note 8 is absolutely the best phone available for me. I appreciate the iPhone for what it is, but I couldn’t give up my Note.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
You can only use an iPhone how Timmy CROOK and his band of elderly car salesmen like it, not how you like it 🤣

This

I do like iPhones and iOS but I do get bored with them way too quick. Sure "they just work" but that's not enough for me personally and I hate not being able to do what I want to do with it without jailbreaking. One of the biggest things to peeve me off was when I got my first Apple Watch and even though it is a great device the fact Apple have decided that you can have audible notification tones on the watch but not on the phone too whilst it's paired to it??? How about I choose where I hear my notifications on MY devices? On my Tizen and AndroidWear watches I can choose to hear notifications on either the watch, the phone or both.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I own both the X and the note 8 with the note being my go to device or daily driver. Apple devices have things that android doesn’t and visa versa. The X is probably the perfect size device for me but the note has more functionality then the X does.
The screen on the X is something else. When I first got my Note, I just couldn't get over how good it's screen is. To KY eyes, Apple's taking of their Samsung OLED panels on the X is better. It just looks so incredible. But once I start using it, it doesn't matter for long because I'm not an iOS person. I can't handle even small irritations like lack of a back button and the way it handles notifications.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I used both my own personal Note8 and my sister's iPhone 8 Plus.

They're both really good phones with their own ups and downs.

I personally prefer the display accuracy of the iPhone out of the box and it does CPU intensive tasks much better due to its substantially more powerful SoC but the sheer featureset of the Note coupled with the S Pen (that I use every day) make it my personal pick.

My sister is a different person though. She wants something familiar to her old 5s. The 8 Plus fits the bill perfectly.
0c53750d9a733c39148a8d6ce802063a.jpg
b58048e7b6ad63d8dda6ceabdf38ff02.jpg
13e2adac77f466b246ddaa68b4375d5d.jpg
2b1605425201240816e5eb900a108315.jpg

8932825081580a66bdd2ba98a45c3e9b.jpg

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I used both my own personal Note8 and my sister's iPhone 8 Plus.

They're both really good phones with their own ups and downs.

I personally prefer the display accuracy of the iPhone out of the box and it does CPU intensive tasks much better due to its substantially more powerful SoC but the sheer featureset of the Note coupled with the S Pen (that I use every day) make it my personal pick.

My sister is a different person though. She wants something familiar to her old 5s. The 8 Plus fits the bill perfectly. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180221/0c53750d9a733c39148a8d6ce802063a.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180221/b58048e7b6ad63d8dda6ceabdf38ff02.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180221/13e2adac77f466b246ddaa68b4375d5d.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180221/2b1605425201240816e5eb900a108315.jpg
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180221/8932825081580a66bdd2ba98a45c3e9b.jpg
I'm not an Iphone person, I'm a Note freak. However, I really wished the Note had a wider flat style screen.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking forward to the S9 announcement on Sunday. Not that I want one, but to see what enhancements that my Note 9 will have. Especially looking forward to the stereo speakers!

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site

What was i THINKING?

I used a relative's iPhone 8 Plus on Sunday for an extended amount of time, and I also could not not believe how small the screen is vs. Note8 and yet how large the iPhone is as well as a tad heavier.

Using an iPhone rely makes one appreciate Android and ESPECIALLY Android + Galaxy Note combo, it is just endless possibility, a beautiful mixture of old school and new school in one to make a Productivity beast :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv