Note 8 Telephoto lens help needed

Andymacro

Feb 21, 2018
Visit site
Does the telephoto lens work if i cover up the main camera ?
What happens when the main camera is covered up while shooting video and i use the telephoto lens ?

Will it still switch to the main camera if light is low while shooting video?

I want to know what happens if i put this phone in a cinema mount that covers everything except the telephoto lens and shoot video.

How can i control what lens the phone is using ? Other app ?

Last edited:

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Filmic Pro is (IMO) simply the best video app available. It’s a paid app but it does things that no other does (filming in flat gamma or log gamma modes for example and the ability to pull and push focus to specific points while filming ). There is a free version available that will tell you what features the phone can use (my friend is not here right now with her Note 8 and I don’t use the Note 8) so you could download the free checker and see what the phone supports.
Filmic Pro allows you to choose which lens you want to use so no need to cover up one of the lenses. Besides the resolution and frame rate you can also choose the video quality (48kbs for example) and the video bit rate (100 mbps for example) again depending what the 8 supports.
The ability to shoot in log gamma is great. It opens up the dynamic range and allows for a ton of latitude in color grading post